Programmatic Account Director x2
Programmatic Account Director
Job title: Programmatic Account Director
Group: FAST Worldwide
Reports to: Business Director
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
A role exists within the Mindshare Worldwide FAST Programmatic department to support a growing team covering several clients. You will work closely with the other members of the FAST organization, wider Mindshare organization and broader GroupM to drive client campaign success across programmatic. The role will include account management responsibilities, strategy building and ensuring operational efficiencies are being delivered. As the Programmatic Account Director you will play a key role in the day to day management and optimisation of multi-market programmatic activities as well as the development of a strategic roadmap in conjunction with the Business Director. You will be managing a large team of Programmatic Account Managers, Senior Account Executives and Executives. Key stakeholders include Client teams, MSWW Teams, Local MS Teams and leads.
Mindshare forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined digital media agencies. GroupM, the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company like MediaCom, Wavemaker and Mindshare. The Programmatic Account Director will report into the Programmatic Business Director with the responsibilities of day to day client management, Operational excellence and development of Trading team.
Responsibilities & Competencies:
- Full oversight over client engagements including support with delivery, measurement, reporting, client communication and contribution to strategy
- Responsible for quality assurance and control on the set up of campaigns, optimizations, available inventory reporting, and regular client reporting deliverables. The Account Manager is supported by SAEs & AEs in each level of this process.
- To review, develop and put in place improvements in the operational capabilities, workflows or new technology for the FAST Programmatic team.
- Work with suitable technology partners and internal stakeholders in generating and deploying a Programmatic data strategy.
- To create client bespoke optimisation methodology driving media efficiencies and performance
- Integrated Planning & Insights
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to generate campaign insights, channel insights, brand insights and business level insights
- Aid management in providing deliverables for wrap up reporting including reporting and analysis, insights, and visualization.
- To strengthen, grow and deliver integrated planning across active channels.
- Plan client activity via leveraging holistically connect insights across multiple digital channels
- Provides a strong link with the global client team to align ways of working & applicable support to regional programmatic hubs
- Be a key stakeholders for Programmatic education within the agency and with clients – these responsibilities can involve Reviewing, re-purposing, building and delivering educational material for the benefits of clients and wider agency.
- Elevating the Mindshare FAST Programmatic to a position where it can assist in client strategy.
- Responsible for delivering the vision and roadmap set out
- Work closely with other Mindshare teams such as Global Strategy and Digital teams to ensure consistency of approach
- Support the Programmatic Business Director in delivering an actionable roadmap based on long and short term priorities
- Support the broader client services organization by providing Point of View recommendations on new partner technologies, optimisations and methodologies.
- Support incremental analysis and pitching as directed by management team
- Provide thought-leadership to clients, contributing to blogs and case studies
- Maintaining and growing the programmatic display strategy for all clients within your sub-team
- Keeping up to date with the latest programmatic trends, betas and new features
- People Development
- Managing, Coaching, Mentoring and Developing Account Managers, Senior Account Executives and Account Executives, as well as running their personal development reviews/plans
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of personnel and service delivery
- Managing resource and allocation of tasks throughout the team, keep track of workload and identify areas of workflow efficiency
The ideal candidate will be able to not only demonstrate knowledge and experience in Programmatic and DSP implementations, but have experience of managing Programmatic teams. You will be familiar with and have experience developing and delivering Programmatic frameworks, campaign delivery, operations and participate actively in Programmatic internal discussions.
The Programmatic Director will be expected to manage all output from their team; ensuring high quality is consistently met. <span style="font-famil
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.