Global E-Commerce Search Strategy Manager, Unilever
Global E-Commerce Search Strategy Manager
Job title: Global E-Commerce Search Strategy Manager
Group: Unilever Strategy Team
Reports to: Global Strategy Director
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
The purpose of the role:
Mindshare has been recently appointed to integrate Holistic Search into the Global Communication Planning assignment for Unilever, commencing from the 1st March 2019.
The Global E-Commerce Search Manager will be part of a dedicated team leading strategic and operational change in eCommerce. The person will work closely with Global Strategy teams to develop holistic search media strategies for Brand Experience Toolkits (BETs). As well as work with the local markets to guide local implementation and share best practice and learning. The Global E-Commerce Search Strategy Manager will have experience working with the Amazon sponsored products and sponsored brands products, formerly known as Amazon Search. They will be relied upon to leverage E-Commerce Search data and insights to inform and enrich global media strategies. They will also ensure that we reflect the most relevant strategies across the holistic search landscape, including Paid, Natural and e-Commerce search platforms.
The role reports directly to the Global Strategy Director.
- Key day-to-day E-Commerce Search strategy interface for Unilever Global Brand and Media Teams as well as relevant agency partners.
- Support Global Strategy Director in the development of global communication strategies.
- Work in collaboration with local markets to inform E-Commerce Search development and local media implementation. Build Frameworks for Amazon best practices and advise markets to adopt new techniques.
- Build relationships with local market E-Commerce Search leads to ensure that global strategy imperatives are implemented and actioned on a local level, and report successes/barriers back to central stakeholders.
- Working with specialist functions within Mindshare WW, especially the FAST Paid Search and SEO specialists, to create compelling audience and channel insights.
- Accelerate knowledge of Mindshare, including the skills and services available and the key people who deliver those services, across the wider Unilever Central Team, the regional/local Centers of Excellence and the Mindshare network.
- Develop knowledge of, and implement applicable search insight and planning tools, including GroupM proprietary tools, syndicated services and publicly available data.
- As well as reporting to the Global Strategy Director, the individual will be an integral part of the Search Centre of Excellence. Ensuring E-Commerce Search craft skills continue to be industry leading through training and development.
Experience and Skillset requirements:
- Local and Global Management: Unilever is one of the largest and progressive marketing and media organisations in the world. We are looking for an individual with a proven track record of working in local, regional and global E-Commerce Search roles for high profile Global Brands, producing industry leading and award-winning strategies.
- Detailed E-Commerce Search strategic knowledge: Have a strong knowledge and understanding of E-Commerce Search, and how it plays a part in the overall digital/media mix – particularly for FMCG brands.
- Partners and Suppliers: Up to date knowledge of E-Commerce Search platforms, technology providers, and other suppliers which Mindshare or our clients can partner with.
- General Skills: Excellence in communication, presentation and team building. At Mindshare, we work with Unilever in 70+ markets.
- Given the global footprint of the Unilever business, a second language is preferred.
- Establish strong and effective working relationships with central and local internal stakeholders.
- Establish strong and effective working relationships with key clients and agency partners.
- Demonstrable local application of global E-Commerce Search strategies, with focus on Amazon.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.