Paid Search Specialist Account Manager, FMCG
A role exists within Mindshare FAST within a growing Paid Search specialist team. This specific recruitment brief is to work on the Unilever account, one of the biggest advertisers in the country. Working on Unilever you will be part of Mindshare’s PPC team. Unilever are without question leaders in marketing communication, be that communication with purpose (such as Dove’s Real Beauty campaign), humour (Marmite) or function (using digital data signals to speak to people about relevant products at relevant times), Unilever is an account that offers variety and rigour and creativity in buying.
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialist, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our global clients. The Paid Search and Social channels are combined to form one team, although we maintain 2 individual specialist teams that are unified through their vision, operations, and team development. The Mindshare FAST Paid Search team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Search campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex global clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance and technology, industries.
Our portfolio of Paid Search clients includes IBM, Blackrock, TKMaxx, Unilever, Dyson, HSBC and more… We are thinkers and doers, relentless in the pursuit of success for our clients. We do this by continually seeking and finding the perfect connection between their products and potential customers through Search platforms.
The candidate will report into the Paid Search Account Director. Working within the Paid Search team, they will be integral to achieving client goals, and the development and optimization of Paid Search activity as part of integrated multi-channel campaigns. The ideal candidate will be expected to use their own initiative to manage PPC, GDN, app, Gemini and Gmail ads. You will be expected to champion the Mindshare best practice approach to delivering campaigns, multi market strategy coordination and communication. You will lead by example, taking responsibility for the guidance and development of junior members of the team.
Key skills & knowledge
- Exceptional hands on Paid Search experience and comprehensive knowledge of best practice
- Experience supporting, developing and mentoring junior team members
- Experience managing DR campaigns, optimising accounts to achieve performance targets
- An expert in using audiences to optimise Paid Search campaigns
- Experience applying scripts and automation to optimise and complement campaign management tasks
- Proficient in using advance features available within search management platforms, in particular DoubleClick
- Able to clearly articulate the rationale for proposed campaign tactics
- Aware of how search can integrate with other digital and offline channels
- Able to devise a testing approach delivering statistically significant results and insight
- Experience working with client leadership, developing day to day client relationships
- Analytically minded with good attention to detail, able to identify trends in large data sets
- Leading the planning, creation, and on-going management of Paid Search campaigns
- Carrying out health checks on Paid Search accounts to ensure they are set up and running as per Mindshare best practice
- Proactively performing regular optimization of accounts, monitoring market changes and identifying development opportunities
- Creating and leading the execution of development and testing plans including media owner betas where possible
- Preparing presentations and leading client calls and face to face meetings
- Working with the AD to devise campaign strategy and translate this into campaign delivery
- Playing an active role in team meetings and agency events
- Writing case studies of great work delivered by the team
- Volunteering to assist with new business pitches, and other cross-agency initiatives
- Collaborating with other digital teams within the FAST hub
- Delegating and managing workloads across the junior members of the team
- Contributing to and owning personal development plans
- Arranging/attending training to progress your and the team’s knowledge and capability
- Motivating junior team members to develop their knowledge of search best practices
- Supporting the educating of planning teams on the benefits and purpose of Paid Search
- Making full use of the technology available, implementing processes and practices that maximize operational efficiencies
- The accurate management of budgets, adhering to the Mindshare finance process
- Taking responsibility for junior team members accurately following all aspects of Mindshare process
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement, and providing recommendations
- Consistently hitting and exceeding clients targets
- Overseeing the implementation of best practices and knowledge share
- Managing the development of junior team members
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.