SEO Account Director, Tech Giant
About the team and/or client
At Mindshare, you will be reporting directly in to the Head of SEO. You will be managing one of the teams, responsible for the development of one Account Manager
The role will largely be working on an innovative Technology client account with scope to undertake another. At times you may be required to work across a range of other clients in different verticals, which are expected to grow, as well as on new business opportunities. The account and client relationship is currently led by another Account Director so roles and responsibilities will be split.
It is an exciting time to join the team at Mindshare and the role will provide an opportunity to help shape the SEO and Content Marketing offering.
We are a team of many different skill sets that believes in bringing talent, collaboration and enthusiasm to all the work we deliver. We help each other and regularly share knowledge between us. That also includes the paid teams. We will actively support you to specialise and focus on your particular areas of interest so that you personally develop specialist skills and knowledge.
The Role Objective
The overarching goal is to maintain and grow client revenues by effectively managing client relationships and delivering award winning quality work that builds the reputation of the Mindshare SEO and Content Marketing team.
The SEO & Content Marketing Account Director will be predominately responsible for technical SEO, but will also lead content strategy and run a team that integrates with other channels to activate content through audience insight. Responsibilities include:
- SEO Strategy – Responsible for setting the overall SEO strategy for clients and ensuring delivery against defined KPIs
- Bespoke tool design – Full responsibility to design and scope tools using the internal development team at Mindshare
- Client Servicing – Visible as the senior point of contact for all clients and ensure they are happy with work delivered
- Team Management – Managing an Account Manager, ensuring consistency in standards of work
- Team Development – Looking after the training and development of your team including setting objectives and monitoring performance
- Team Collaboration – Working closely with the other subteams to ensure consistency across the wider team and constantly pushing the boundaries
- Comm’s Integration - Work with Mindshare’s Media Planning teams to ensure the role of content is included in the planning process
- Benchmarking and Measurement – Ensure performance is benchmarked and measured against an agreed set of KPIs
- Awards & New Business – Exploring opportunities to grow business with existing clients, as well as involvement with new business pitching and submitting entries for awards.
As an integrated Agency, Mindshare’s long-term objective is to ensure that each media channel complements each other and the relative impacts are measured and understood both by clients and the wider agency community.
- Solid project management skills and ability to remain calm under pressure
- Highly confident and articulate
- Proven experience of Search Engine Optimisation and Content Marketing
- Multi-tasking; ability to manage multiple SEO projects and stakeholders at a time
- Strong team management skills are essential
- Commercial/Financial awareness
- Experience pitching for new business desirable
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.