Technology Engineer - Mars
MediaCom – TECHNOLOGY ENGINEER
WORKING ON MARS
Mars have world famous, well-loved brands including Snickers, Galaxy, Maltesers and Whiskas and they continue to be at the forefront of the advertising industry by driving innovation and effectiveness. At MediaCom we are expanding our remit for Mars to including buying as well as comms planning and we are proud of the heritage and expertise we bring. This is proven by not only winning Agency of the Year at 2018 MediaWeek Awards but also buy the individual awards we won for Snickers innovation as well as Best Use of Audio with Spotify.
Moving into 2019 on Mars we have a unique industry leading & transformative media vision at the heart of which is the use of data applied intelligently to drive more effective demand and conversion. We need the best people to help drive this forward as we build a team fit for the future.
Overview of job
Working within the technology team to ensure the efficient implementation of ad-serving, web analytics, audience tracking and optimisation technologies for digital advertising. You will also be responsible for supporting internal and client teams with troubleshooting issues and being on top of future technologies and solutions.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Technology Associate Director: -
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to constantly learn on the job
- Working at the forefront of digital technology which is forever growing
- Fun-working atmosphere and team culture
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Learnt the end to end trafficking process for a couple of key clients
- The ability to effectively contribute to the workload of the team
In six months, you would have:
- Learnt the end to end campaign process from planning to tag delivery
- Taken on several simpler trouble-shooting tasks
In 12 months, you would have:
- Started managing your own clients, full end-to-end process and dealing with all issues
- Started contributing to wider business projects, outside of the day-to-day
Responsibilities of the role:
- To ensure efficient implementation of ad serving, web analytics, behavioural targeting and other optimisation technologies in the execution of digital advertising.
- To be responsible for the implementing of campaigns in DCM or any other named 3rd party ad-server.
- To be able to test and install publisher pixels.
- To load creative according to specifications.
- To be able to manage workload in the Inbox ensuring all stakeholders are informed and clear on what is being delivered.
- Integrating and maintaining the various tracking systems used for campaigns.
Client Account Management:
- Responsibility for developing relationships with our internal account teams.
- Can present information effectively either via conference call, email or face to face
- Understands and demonstrates collaborative team working and citizenship.
Operating and Technical
- Work on using a variety of technologies to ensure that they are fit for purpose.
- Support the senior members of the team with problem solving, operating a test and learning process to regularly improve the information produced.
- Able to identify quickly any potential issues and suggest solutions to fix.
- Responds positively to requests for help or support.
- This team works alongside the Data team to ensure that all relevant information being captured can be included within our Data Dashboards.
- Actively leverage technology to deliver efficiencies, and provide Clients with relevant and timely information.
What you will need:
- At least 12 months ad ops or trafficking experience in a similar role
- An aptitude and liking for technology
- Strong problem solver who is always keen to find a “better way”
- A self-starter with a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great customer service
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi task, prioritise and manage expectations
- Able to develop relationships with internal team members.
- Desire to learn and be part of a dynamic growing team.
- Keen eye for finding where efficiencies can be made.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.