The Account Manager sits across our Journey Design and Delivery function and supports the team in ensuring that we produce the best strategic plans and that every step taken throughout the Purchase Journey on behalf of the client by the Wavemaker team is maximized for effectiveness and efficiency.
The Account Manager’s role can broadly be split into two key areas of responsibility:
Firstly, you will work with the Account Director to ensure best in class planning and operational excellence across the client’s business. This means efficiently working with the Journey Design Lead and Journey Activation teams to create and sustain excellent ways of working within the team. You will support the Account Director to ensure that everyone internally involved in deploying the approved Journey Design knows what needs to be done, by when, and to what budget, providing regular status reports and contact reports to clients, and managing budgeting and finance on behalf of the team. You will lead the planning on smaller campaigns and support on the main annual brand plans.
Secondly, you will be the externally facing contact, building strong relationships with day to day clients, delivering plans, responding to requests, managing meetings and regular reporting with clients and their other partners (creative agencies, research agencies, auditors etc). Supported by the Acciunt Executive you will maintain the efficient working of the account to ensure all relevant details are reported, shared, and explained.
The role involves two key clients, Bupa and Church & Dwight.
Bupa have been a client at WM for over 8 years, and we deliver best in class marketing across Brand & Performance campaigns. Bupa are market leaders in Private Medical Insurance for both consumers and businesses and also provide services across Dental Care, on-demand medical provision and Care Home Services. Each of these divisions has its own marketing teams and budgets and its own challenges and all are supported by the Bupa Masterbrand which means that the account requires brand-building, acquisition planning and portfolio management skills in equal measure. Our planning is underpinned by regular econometric analysis and brand health tracking, which help us balance long and short-term objectives. Bupa’s business model is ever-evolving as the needs and wants of consumers change – for example a recent innovation into DNA health profiling, and the increasing importance of mental well being are two areas growing in importance.
Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight are a multi-faceted FMCG business, with divisions across personal care, haircare and OTC healthcare. They have market leading brands such as Batiste dry shampoo and are always on the lookout for new acquisitions, adding Waterpik to their portfolio a couple of years ago.
The current manager role is to support planning and delivery across the personal care division.
Support the Account Director in the efficient running of the account across the Purchase Journey:
- Work closely with the Account Director, Journey Designers and Activation to ensure the day to day is run efficiently and effectively
- Manage the Account Executive, delegating where appropriate and helping to develop their career, recommending training opportunities and conducting performance reviews and goal-setting
- Be responsible for, and monitor, the process of deploying the Purchase Journey from the point at which the investment is signed off by the client, and it is briefed to Activation for buying and optimization
- Liaise with agency partners to ensure they are fully aware of plans and booked activities and have all the detail needed to fulfill their role e.g. most up to date plan details, creative specs etc
- Collaborate openly and effectively with all other functions within the integrated client team to ensure that the Purchase Journey is deployed perfectly, by everyone involved
- Ensure financial management processes are excellent at all times – check POs and maintain an accurate PO tracker, ensure payments are made by clients on time, reconcile any billing issues, etc.
- Manage status reports and circulate to clients promptly
- Manage regular and ad hoc competitive reporting as required
- Report on holistic campaign performance (detailed in-channel reporting is the responsibility of Journey Activation) to the client whilst campaigns are in market, ensuring campaigns are being delivered in line with the agreed plan.
Be the day-to-day voice of the client within the team:
- Build strong client relationships at the appropriate level
- Be the first point of contact for activity in market, with accurate and detailed knowledge of the real time status of activity, liaising closely with Journey Activation
- Know when to loop back in with the Design lead, where clients require a measurable change to the agreed strategy (e.g. budget change, significant amendment to timing/phasing, audience change etc.)
- Man-mark appropriate level clients and adeptly learn their business and ways of working
- Develop confidence in discussing and managing all potential comms touch points across the purchase journey, whether media, content, data or technology
- Able to articulate to clients the key deliverables around their campaigns when they require it
- Understand specific Journey KPIs and be able to articulate the status against them
- Meet regularly with media owners, data suppliers, tech and analytics partners, creative agencies and other client/agency stakeholders etc. to build knowledge and understanding of how purchase journey solutions can be enhanced for clients
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.