Head of Global Product Development
Head of Global Product Development
GroupM, the media investment group of WPP, launched Finecast in September 2017, delivering precision and accountability to advertising on the most powerful advertising and branding medium - Television.
As TV audiences fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. It helps advertisers address hard-to-reach TV viewers through a single access point with standardised measurement. All Finecast campaigns are inherently viewable, running on TV screens within high-quality, brand-safe content with no ad blocking.
Each Finecast campaign is custom built around the advertiser’s audience target or response objective for TV campaigns and provides a more targeted and faster path to market than traditional linear TV advertising.
About the team
The world of TV is undergoing a paradigm-shift as traditional, linear TV shifts into the new world of TV powered by technology advances, content proliferation and ubiquitous data. Finecast is a team of individuals shaping the future of TV advertising and as such we set high standards for the individuals we hire and the skill-sets they bring to our business. We are a rapidly growing organisation that require a hands on approach with creative thinking, strong communication skills and a passion for what we do that translates into real energy in our team culture. There is no place for politics – Finecast is a fun, open, honest place to work where we support each other for our mutual success.
The Role Responsibilities:
The Head of Global Product Development will support Finecast in designing and building new product solutions around the world, providing a clear road-map and direction for the future of where we focus as a business. As Finecast expands globally, the role will also help new markets with the education, training, product implementation and support to launch Finecast.
The role will report to the Global Chief Product Officer in the global team and will support both existing Finecast markets (currently UK, Australia and Canada) and the roll out of Finecast into new markets. The primary responsibilities of the role will be:
- Deployment of global product strategy to local markets, with a primary focus on:
- Standardised supply integrations
- Data / targeting strategy
- Creative solutions (e.g. dynamic end frames)
- Reporting and insights platforms
- Research and effectiveness studies
- Pricing and yield management
- Audience measurement
- Market research and insights. Overseeing the development and maintenance of consistent global research of the addressable TV opportunity either via primary analysis or third party commissioning of studies.
- Partnership relationship management: Supporting the deployment of globally preferred technology and data platforms to ensure we maximise our commercial leverage and standardise our data and operations to the extent possible.
- New market development. Suporting the global CPO in helping identify the roll-out strategy for candidate Finecast launch markets. Identifying areas of focus for supply, data, optimisation and measurement to ensure successful product differentiation and clear benefits to clients
- Market coordination. Regular engagement with local markets to align on road-map strategy, partnership updates, marketing initiatives and case studies / effectiveness templates
- Ensuring standardisation of product marketing for Finecast around the world. Setting the direction for product positioning, messaging, key benefits and go to market communications strategy for our product solutions, working in combination with global and local marketing teams
The right person will play a critical role in diversifying and supporting Finecast’s growth; responsible for successfully launching product solutions and optimising the profitability of our business
Essential Skills and Knowledge
The ideal candidate will have a strong working experience of building product solutions, taking those products to market and working with local teams to build enthusiasm, understanding and regular dialogue, understanding local cultural sensitivities and ways of working.
A strong working knowledge of the TV advertising industry and in particular, addressable technologies is key as the candidate will need to help architect first to market product solutions that will require creative technical thinking. The role also requires a sound understanding of ad serving, broadcast integrations and targeting for TV.
The ideal individual will be able to collaborate well internally and externally to drive projects to completion, communicate effectively to articulate ideas and product vision, and manage multiple stakeholders in complex projects.
The following skills and attributes will be essential:
- Solid experience in the TV advertising and digital media industries
- Ability to lead partner technology relationships – holding accountable and clearly setting expectations / requirements and prioritising tasks
- Sound understanding of product roadmapping process and stakeholder management
- Experience and understanding of building pricing models and policy
- Strong analytical capabilities – being able to identify and interpret trends and provide clear recommendations
- Experienced negotiation skills to support on commercial contracts and partnership development
- Proven ability to work positively as a key stakeholder in cross functional projects, being able to listen and process information from others and incorporate feedback
- Experience in product marketing – being able to take product solutions from idea stage to market launch
- Ability to set and work to a budget – tracking and reporting costs
- Experienced people management skills – proven ability to lead a team, set objectives for individuals and manage performance
- Excellent communication skills, effectively translating complex ideas into easy to understand, workable solutions and comfortable presenting in group environments
- Demonstrable ability to write accurate and detailed business requirements, but also clear and engaging communications new product launches.
- A keen eye for identifying and analysing efficiency opportunities, particularly relating to media, data, core business processes and user workflow.
- Versatility to adapt skills/behaviours/attitude to enable successful working outcomes in unfamiliar environments.
- Bring an energy and passion to your work, be versatile and collaborative in style and confident in the solutions you present.
- Excellent MS Office skills
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, Mediacom, Mindshare, Essence and MSix.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.