Media Planner - Centrica
Overview of job
MediaCom is looking for a brilliant Communications Planner to work on the Centrica account in the UK
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Jonathan Price and Alex Traies (Associate Directors).
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on a high-profile account with multiple brands (British Gas, Local Heroes, British Gas Business) and a high volume of billings
- The opportunity to work closely with and learn from specialists from a number of disciplines including social, AV and partnerships etc. in a team that uses specialist skills from across the agency
- The chance to take a lead role in advertising campaigns that transform the client’s businesses with clients who are receptive to new ideas and media strategies
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Became an expert in the basics of the account and the ways of working between all MediaCom teams/departments
- Provided evidence of sound written and oral communication
In six months, you would have:
- Developed a good relationship with multiple stakeholders, such as the Centrica marketing clients, Centrica Econometric team and creative agencies
- Provided tangible contributions to planning work and brainstorming sessions
- A good grasp of the client’s target audiences and products
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become proactive with the day-to-day account management and planning, and effectively be able to answer client requests without guidance
- Shown evidence of work that has been done to a high standard with little input from your line manager
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work openly and collaboratively with the immediate Planning team, Connect teams, Investment teams and external agencies in order to help develop strategic solutions, plans and innovative ideas that push the ordinary to the extraordinary
- Develop a sound knowledge of all media channels and keep abreast of all new and emerging media opportunities
- Oversee all current campaigns and work with relevant teams to ensure the seamless execution and implementation of campaigns
- Be able to provide instantaneous campaign updates to senior management and clients.
- Develop an understanding and champion MediaCom’s Systems Planning process
- Work closely with the rotational Exec to help keep track of budgetary and financial information for all campaigns
- Oversee the Centrica finance process from end to end
- Manage the PCA process for each campaign by liaising with the wider teams
- Have/develop a strong knowledge of desktop research and planning tools (e.g. TGI & Addynamix)
- Keen to embrace new methods of data-led insight generation to fuel planning
- Demonstrate an active interest in clients’ business, marketplace and audiences, and identify relevant opportunities that arise
- Demonstrate an active interest in competitor activity and communicate relevant info and learnings to the client through updates and formal reports
- Willingly meet media owners relevant to the client’s business and feedback relevant opportunities to the wider team
- Analyse research studies and current trends to identify key insights and communicate these to the client when applicable
- Have the ability to out together client meetings and then confidently speak and provide relevant updates during them, in a manner that meets the clients’ expectations
- Take a proactive approach in solving client queries
What you will need:
- A passion for communications planning and the ability to create strategies that will have a ground-breaking impact on the client’s business
- A good attention to detail, strong organisational skills and positive work ethic
- Excellent communication skills in order to regularly speak to internal teams and external stakeholders
- A positive attitude to deliver the best work possible for the clients
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, adidas, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.