Business Director - Tesco Mobile and Indeed
MediaCom Job Description – Business Director
Overview of job
We are looking for a Business Director to lead the team across Tesco Mobile and Indeed. Tesco Mobile and Indeed are both established brands within their competitive markets. With 11% market share, Tesco Mobile (a joint venture between Tesco & O2 Telefonica) are at an exciting stage in their journey, looking to challenge the existing big 4 networks in the market whilst staving off the threat of new entrants.
Indeed have rapidly emerged as a dominant force within the recruitment sector, one of the fastest growing advertisers in the market and a top 10 client for GroupM globally. Indeed offers a rare opportunity to work on a rapidly growing tech client as they establish their brand and advertising strategy. As a lead market within the network, the work we develop in the UK influences the strategic direction for the brand globally.
The role will involve leading and having full responsibility of this team, working with creative agency partners and the client brand teams to drive comms strategy and implementation.
Reporting of the role
This role reports into the Managing Partner for the business group
3 best things about the job:
- Tesco is one of MediaCom’s largest clients and managing Mobile (one of the 4 business units that make up Tesco Group, along with Stores, F&f and Bank) enables access to multiple stakeholders including the client, senior management and external agencies.
- Indeed are in a period of growth and already a top 10 spending Global client with MediaCom, so there’s a strong emphasis on optimising current activity as well as finding new sources of growth.
- Working at London’s biggest and most successful agency – MediaCom was named the Agency Network of the Year by WARC in 2019
Measures of success
In 3 months, you would have:
- Become the lead senior contact for the designated client portfolio
- Become an expert in the Telco, Retail and Recruitment categories
- Built strong relationships with both clients, their wider x-agency networks and internal stakeholders.
In 6 months, you would have:
- Become the trusted strategic partner for senior clients
- Identified commercial opportunities for client and agency benefit
In 12 months, you would have:
- Led a full annual planning cycle, with end to end development, execution and analysis of best in class work across both Tesco Mobile and Indeed
- Supported the Managing Partner in creating client growth plans
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead planning/ account management contact for clients
- Management of the planning and implementational teams to ensure seamless execution of campaigns
- Identify revenue opportunities and drive profitability include cost control
- Line management and development of Associate Director
What you will need:
- Experience of integrating offline and online performance channels
- Performance media planning and optimisation expertise across all channels, offline and online
- Strong experience in Upfront Business Modelling to knowledge of day-to-day planning and buying
- Ability to balance the need for long term strategic thinking with the need to deliver and get things done in the short term
- Experienced in getting the best out of inter-agency working
- Lead client meetings
- Gain the respect and trust of all relevant client personnel by demonstrating knowledge, commitment and enthusiasm for their business
- Manage 1 AD, 1 AM, 2 senior Planners and 1 Planner.
- Advanced commercial acumen and ability to identify revenue opportunities and drive profitability including cost control
- A one MediaCom mentality, contributing to the upskilling and welfare of not only your team but the wider business group
- Ability to deal with the most senior and demanding clients with exceptional influencing and negotiation skills, calm under pressure
- Resilience and calm in the face of adversity
- Pitch ready
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.