Programmatic Account Director, Booking.com
Programmatic Account Director
Job title: Programmatic Account Director
Group: FAST Worldwide
Reports to: Business Director, Programmatic
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent. Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
A role exists within the Mindshare Global Programmatic department to support a growing team covering several clients. As a Programmatic Account Director, you will play a leading role in client servicing and Strategy Development/Deployment, overseeing teams of Account Managers and Account Executives, as well as developing Mindshare’s programmatic proposition and new business. This role will primary be focused on working with clients on a Programmatic Consultancy basis – this will involve projects such as Performance Auditing, Creation and Deployment of Media/ Data strategies, reviewing and forging relationships with wider AdTech products to solve client challenges, synergizing programmatic with other digital and offline marketing channels as well as ways of working to create streamline processes to support client objectives.
Mindshare forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined digital media agencies. GroupM, the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of MediaCom, Wavemaker and Mindshare. The Programmatic Account Director will report into Business Director, Programmatic, within the FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) team within Mindshare Worldwide.
Responsibilities & Competencies:
- Projects and Product
- Responsible for project managing the various programmatic consultancy projects
- Support the Business Director to create and build out the Mindshare Programmatic offering
- Support the Business Director to build out scope, time/role justification and service packages for client projects.
- Developing and growing Mindshare Programmatic Products and processes via close liaisons with multiple teams within Mindshare Worldwide
- Be the lead for Programmatic Consultancy Services across Auditing, Strategy, Deployment and Ways of Working
- Ensure alignment to other digital/offline challenges to synergise and combine approaches and ways of working to allow for holistic harmonised marketing efforts
- Responsible for delivering the vision and roadmap set out
- Work closely with all key programmatic partners: DSP’s, SSP’s, Publishers, and Tech Partners to develop and deliver client deliverables
- Work closely with other Mindshare teams such as Global Strategy and Digital teams to ensure consistency of approach
- Support the Programmatic Business Director in delivering an actionable roadmap based on long and short-term priorities
- Provides a strong link with the global client team to align ways of working & applicable support to regional programmatic hubs
- Maintain and grow high levels of partnership focused relationships with clients
- Stay connected with programmatic industry advancements and apply external views to client ways of working to advance processes and approaches to stay ahead of the curve and continually drive client value.
- Be a key stakeholder for Programmatic education within the agency and with clients – these responsibilities can involve reviewing, re-purposing, building and delivering educational material for the benefits of clients and wider agency.
- Support the Business Director for Programmatic Pitch deliverables and creation of client bespoke strategies/approaches
- Team/People Management
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day project team, mapping to project mindset way of operation
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of personnel and service delivery
- Providing ongoing support with regular and constructive feedback to ensure the continued personal development of direct reports
- Foster an environment of trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Sustaining and Growing Team morale via maintaining an interesting, progressive, productive and collaborative working atmosphere.
- Managing resource and allocation of tasks throughout the team, keep track of workload and identify areas of workflow efficiency
The ideal candidate will be able to not only demonstrate knowledge and experience in Programmatic marketing, but also understand how this provides value to our clients’ businesses and is able to lead clients on a roadmap to the future ways of working.
You will also lead the way in changing how a traditional media agency operates to cater for a more automated and data-driven world and a consultative/project-based manner. You will be familiar with developing and delivering strategic programmatic frameworks (combining data, creative and media), upgrading planning processes, operations, increasing agency capabilities, campaign management and have an opinion on industry developments. Success can be summarized in the follow objectives:
- Quality of outputs produced by the team
- Successful end to end project delivery and expansion of consultancy offering
- Ongoing connection with internal Mindshare teams and industry presence to stay connected and apply views to client ways of working
The Programmatic Account Director will be expected to manage all output from their team; ensuring high quality is consistently met. Additionally, the Programmatic Account Director will demonstrate effective contribution in the development of the Mindshare programmatic department, across: People Management, Client accounts, Education, Quality, Programmatic Pillars and New business.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.