Global PR and Communications Manager
Job title: PR and Communications Manager - Global
Location: Sea Containers London
Reporting to: Katrine Graugaard, Global Head of Marketing
Our people are passionate about communication, storytelling and innovation. If you love to push boundaries, you’ll feel right at home. Who are you? You are a talented PR/marketing professional with a flair for writing and getting stuck in. You want to step up, set your mark and help make Wavemaker the most admired and distinctive media, content and technology agency in the world.
About the role
We are seeking a PR and Communications Manager to join our Global Marketing team. The team’s focus is vital to driving Wavemaker’s business performance by helping fuel the growth of our clients, new business prospects, our brand and overall company culture.
The PR and Communications Manager is a global role that is responsible for building the profile of the Wavemaker brand, internally through smart and impactful communications campaigns, and externally through PR initiatives that will raise the profiles of our key global, regional and local leadership and in-house specialists.
This person will do this among internal audiences in close collaboration with our award-winning Global Talent Team – and externally, by leveraging existing PR contacts and the expertise of Wavemaker’s external PR partner.
You will be responsible for
Internal communications content. Working closely with key stakeholders in the talent team to:
- Ensure consistent amplification of our story internally and with the Wavemaker Talent community
- Create and deploy internal marketing communications plans and collateral to support the global roll-out of new talent tools and technology
- Guide the development of marketing material including ads, brochures, web content and thought leadership materials to bring our employee value proposition to life
PR strategy and implementation. Working closely with Wavemaker’s PR/Marketing Community and Wavemaker’s external PR partners to:
- Coordinate all public relations activities.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
Advisory and collaboration
- Work with internal teams to ensure all marketing communications activity supports Wavemaker’s brand positioning objectives and brings our culture to life.
- Provide advice and guidance to internal teams worldwide, share best practices across offices and help elevate the awareness of PR and PR skills across the Wavemaker network.
- Work with external partners to support the agency’s position in the industry.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in PR and communications
- Strong writing skills, either working in communications for a corporate company or with a PR agency background.
- A good overview of the global advertising/marketing trade titles, mainly US/UK.
- A passion for communication: always on the lookout for new, compelling ways to delight and inform an audience.
- An eye for detail, have a creative and clever mind, a willingness to step in and take on tasks that often involve tight deadlines and working with multiple stakeholders, and a passion for creating and cultivating brands.
- Strong project management skills.
Development and opportunities
- This is an excellent opportunity to gain international experience, working with teams from around the world.
- In return for your communication prowess, we will provide you with a comprehensive training and development package so that your experience with Wavemaker is rewarding on both a professional and a personal level.
We’re all about Growing, Creating and Caring for our talent, our clients and society at large.
Launched in January 2018 Wavemaker is the world’s fifth largest media agency and the most pioneering. Our 7,600+ highly talented and motivated people collaborate across the globe in 90 countries working with world class clients. Wavemaker is passionate about investing in our people to help them develop and thrive. Our culture is one where talent is valued, ideas flourish, and innovation is happening exactly where media, content and technology meet.
We attract people and businesses that want to change the game. We believe that the most important career decision a person can make is the culture they choose to grow in. A culture that not only values great work but also great people. Join us today!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.