Job Title: Local Account Executive
About the Opportunity:
In this role you will learn how to respond to client briefs, using a cross channel approach, client facing relationships, build media plans and buy them. Offering you a holistic introduction in to all avenues of media.
The role is a niche one, from local activations for NSOs to regional tests for wider Mindshare clients.
The Account Executive role will be working with an Account Manager to manage a handful of our regular clients, Homesense, Mazda and BP. Though you will also have the opportunity to work with other brands within Mindshare.
We do not expect you to have experience in the media industry or be able to deliver a media plan from the get-go. We are looking for a hard-working individual who we feel would fit within our team and who is willing to work hard to learn the industry. This role will at times be fast paced and hard work, but there is also a lot of fun to be had.
“I have worked at Mindshare for 4 years and I love it. We have an excellent relationship and friendship with our Homesense and Mazda clients, and the local team are a close-knit, hard-working team, offering a great opportunity in to the media market. Though I have been here for 4 years I continue to learn new things and the role I have within the local team never gets boring!”
‘’I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as an AE on the Local Team and found it to be the perfect place to start a media career gaining experience in both planning and buying across a range of different media channels and clients. I have found Mindshare, and in particular my team to be a fun, sociable and collaborative environment to work in.’’
A Day in the Life:
You will be expected to ensure that all campaigns are set up across the various buying platforms and complete monthly reconciliations and PCA reporting. Having an analytical mind will be useful as you will be taught how to build a cross channel media plan using multiple planning tools, through to analysing post campaign data to deliver a PCA and solutions for future planning.
Within a few months you will be exposed to clients and create media plans and presentations which you will present. You will be speaking daily to clients and media owners, building strong relationships with both.
3 best things about job:
- The team are fun, knowledgeable and supportive.
- Exposure to all media channels through both planning and buying - allowing you to learn all avenues of the media industry.
- Working across a wide variety of clients and an opportunity to experience new brands.
About the Team:
We have a truly great local team. We are a small team of 3, but an impactful one! We are close-knit and hard-working. Everyone who works within our team have developed and progressed with us and we are proud of the work we deliver.
Working for Mindshare:
We invest heavily in staff development – training is extensive from the most junior level through GroupM University. We work hard to create a coaching culture across the agency and have launched several training programmes. In January 2012 Huddle was launched – an innovative future planning discussion collaborating across our global network and is now it’s successful 7th year!
Within this role you will be trained on all relevant systems from both GroupM university and on the job training. In addition to this you will have access to other personal development training like excel (basic and advanced), presentation training and time management training, should you wish to extend your knowledge.
- Active participation in internal & external meetings – including weekly conference calls
- Build cross platform media plans
- Support account managers in day-to-day operations of the account
- Deliver PCA reports with the support of the account manager and account director
- Analyse campaign results to deliver insights and learnings
- Track and monitor performance across local campaigns
- Become confident in how to set up local campaigns
- Understand clients core-business KPI’s
- Ensure exceptional finance measurement
- Build relationships with your team, the creative agency, client’s, and media owners
- Utilising the team’s mapping system to under4stand and investigate local catchments and audience insights.
- In some instances you may be expected to visit locations across the UK at expense of the client/Mindshare to understand a local catchment/area better.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Organised and detail-orientated
- A desire to want to work within the media planning or buying industry
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
What’s in it for you!:
As part of the GroupM and WPP network, our Mindshare benefits are incredibly comprehensive and you’ll have plenty of fantastic benefits to choose from. We’ve listed a few below - and there are many more on offer:
- Superb development opportunities and ongoing support throughout your career
- Light, open-plan office space with roof terrace, onsite bar and stunning views over central London
- 25 days’ holiday from the get-go, increasing with length of service
- Season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, private medical (BUPA) and life assurance.
- We also have a range of on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.
How to apply:
Please apply online via this advertisement attaching your CV and a covering letter. We do not accept applications via email. Please note that we require all applicants to have the full right to work in the UK, without sponsorship.
If you require any assistance throughout your recruitment process, please call the Future Talent Team on 02071585400 to discuss your requirements.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.