Paid Search Specialist Account Director, Tech/Retail/Travel/FMCG Clients
Sama Nogd, Account Director
“Being an Account Director for one of the agency’s biggest clients is a fantastic opportunity. I lead the strategy, planning and delivery of our Paid Search campaigns and I’m given a lot of responsibility to ensure my team delivers the client the business performance they need. I love being able to manage a large team of specialists.”
Understanding people is at the heart of our business, that means we make the audience our number 1 client. This is how we discover meaningful insights and deliver real business growth for brands.
We are looking for an Account Director to join Mindshare FAST within a growing Paid Search specialist team. The accounts that we have are fun and diverse and allow the right candidate to learn a wide range of new skills. An Account Director will direct the planning & strategy on the accounts. They will manage and motivate a team of search specialists to ensure that best practice is adhered to, and performance is delivered for clients.
- Leading the direction, strategy, planning and on-going direction of Paid Search campaigns & client relationships.
- Attend scheduled meetings with clients.
- Help teams to develop accounts through application of Mindshare best practice.
- Develop account hygiene working with the Paid Search management team to improve processes and ways of working.
- Ensure internal accounts are audited regularly identifying areas for improvement for individuals, client accounts.
- Encourage teams to test and implement new product features measuring success through increased product adoption fed back from suppliers.
- Produce case studies in collaboration with the planning team for the purpose of building confidence in our product, new business pitches and winning awards.
- Maintain appropriate supplier relationships to ensure that we get the best use out of them, gaining key support and access to new alphas and betas.
- Play an active role in team meetings and agency events.
- Writing case studies of great work delivered by the team.
- Volunteering to assist with new business pitches, and other cross-agency initiatives.
- Be an expert in all relevant tools & technology.
- Develop your team ensuring everyone has a clearly defined role with clear progression plans.
- Identify training needs working with the Paid Search management team and suppliers to provide appropriate training.
- Feedback on errors to highlight individual, team and departmental weaknesses with the aim of providing solutions to make improvements with a target of zero revenue lost to errors.
- Motivating team members to develop their knowledge of search best practices.
- Supporting the educating of planning teams on the benefits and purpose of Paid Search.
- Making full use of the technology available, implementing processes and practices that maximize operational efficiencies.
- The accurate management of budgets, adhering to the Mindshare finance process.
- Taking responsibility for team members accurately following all aspects of Mindshare process.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement and providing recommendations.
- Implement and manage client process including analytics, tracking, reporting & finance.
- Contribute to development of our Paid Search product through project work and information sharing.
We’d like to hear from you if you have
- Aptitude to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy are essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines.
- Highly literate in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word e.g. creating and formatting presentations, pivot tables, Excel formulas, creating graphs and tables etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail.
- In depth knowledge of PPC, keeping up to date with the latest trends, updates and techniques.
- A strong understanding of digital media, with a good general understanding of how each channel impacts one another.
- Take accountability for quality of output and will actively measure and consider success.
- Expert in creating and managing processes.
- Thought leader – contribute towards POV’s, internal/external events etc.
- Innovative - identifying and implementing change in the way we operate.
Your life until now
- Account Director or Senior Account Manager level experience in channel working at agencies / clients.
- A proven track record in delivering market-leading Paid Search for global/leading brands.
- Outstanding client facing skills; excellent presentation skills, reporting skills and client building relationship ability.
- Forward thinking and strategic.
- Experience gained working with the relevant technologies.
- Passionate about the internet and technology, with a keen interest in the development of PPC as a channel, keeping track of new developments within the industry.
About the Team/Department
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialist, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our clients. The Paid Search teams work very closely with other biddable channels to deliver integrated strategies to achieve client goals & objectives. The Mindshare FAST Paid Search team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Search campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance, technology industries & more.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.