Principal Consultant, Performance Analytics
Job Title: Performance Analytics Principal Consultant
Group: Mindshare Worldwide
Location: London, UK
Reports to: Head of Performance Analytics
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is the performance-based marketing division within Mindshare which manages the digital business for clients (planning and activation across search, social, programmatic etc.). Mindshare’s Integrated Analytics (IA) is a group of data, insights and analytics experts who work alongside clients to answer marketing and media questions.
Performance Analytics is a new team that functions as the conduit between the two, dedicated to bringing data and analytics-powered solutions into FAST decision making.
Readily available, pertinent and accurate data is essential to performance marketing. It is the Performance Analytics Principal Consultant’s role to help ensure the FAST team have all the information they need to push their campaigns forward, embodying a data-driven approach to all aspects of channel management and planning.
As well as supporting FAST, the Performance Analytics Principal Consultant is responsible for delivering added value to Mindshare clients via a range of new and innovative services, as well as helping to develop the offering of Performance Analytics as a whole.
- Audit implementations of web analytics solutions, particularly Google Analytics, providing guidance for optimisation to client teams and developers alike.
- Use web analytics skills and practices to support the Mindshare FAST team, including:
- Evaluate current practices across the FAST team, helping to ensure maximum data veracity and velocity, as well as process efficiency.
- Troubleshoot campaign data issues across the FAST channels and the digital marketing mix at large.
- Using multi-touch attribution technology and techniques, work with the FAST and client strategy teams to develop a fully integrated approach to channel management and planning.
- Perform training sessions related to web analytics tools and practices to empower the FAST team in their roles.
- Support the wider Integrated Analytics team with the delivery of measurement frameworks.
- Help to establish measurement best practice for client onboarding and tracking.
- Line manage junior members of the team, IE Performance Analytics Consultants.
- Support the Head of Performance Analytics in the execution of projects and the development of the team’s offerings.
- Help to establish a forum for knowledge sharing and best practice among the worldwide network of digital analytics teams.
- Help to maintain relationships with suppliers by managing accreditations and keeping abreast of their development roadmaps.
- Champion Performance Analytics throughout the business, promoting the benefits of its services.
- Liaise with the Integrated Analytics team to combine analysis and planning of both digital and non-digital media.
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience using web analytics tools, particularly Google Analytics, in a digital marketing agency/consultancy.
- 2+ years’ experience implementing, customizing and debugging web analytics implementations, particularly Google Analytics.
- Experience implementing web analytics platforms via a tag management solution, particularly Google Tag Manager with a solid grasp of how the Data Layer works.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Client-facing experience, including presenting to groups.
- Experience building measurement frameworks.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau and Google Data Studio.
- Experience with Google BigQuery.
- Experience with Website Optimisation platforms such as Google Optimize and Optimizely.
The Ideal Candidate…
- Is an ambitious talent looking to contribute to a new, growing team in a renowned, global network.
- Is proactive, innovative and adaptive.
- Is tenacious and methodical, keen to solve problems through data-driven solutions and processes.
- Pays close attention to detail and has excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Has a firm understanding of the digital marketing mix.
- Thrives in very fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- Has the ability to communicate complex ideas in a manner that is easily-understood by non-experts.
- Can develop robust opinions on digital marketing and has the confidence to express them concisely.
- Can independently manage projects, multi-task and prioritise based on workloads and importance.
- Is good at building relationships – it will be key for the person to develop close working relationships with the client teams, internal specialist teams and analytics platform vendors.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.