Planning Director - Universal - Dublin
The Planning Director leads a client service team within the agency, ensuring that they are profitable and growing, while building a strong team culture. They lead the development, presentation and delivery of top-quality planning work and audience understanding on all major planning projects. The Planning Director demonstrates a strong combination of leadership, communication, organisation skills and creativity to develop outcome-based solutions for our clients. They do this through the effective management of their own team, and their ability to lead and inspire others inside and outside the agency. Whether existing or new business, they will must demonstrate commercial acumen and diligence.
• Develop strong relationships with internal teams.
• Effectively manage team resource gaps. Maintain a high level of quality control on all outputs from the team and MediaCom’s diversified services by shaping, jointly formulating and, where necessary, editing responses to ensure high quality, on brief client solutions
• Implement initiatives to ensure retention of members of their team.
• Effectively manage upwards to the Business Director.
• Lead, and work together with, the wider team to ensure that all client responses are joined up and coordinated – especially around traditional and digital channels.
• Contribute work to agency case studies and industry award submissions.
Client Relationship Management
• Build and maintain excellent relationships through best in class client service and communications planning.
• Actively participate in the development of client contact strategies and pro-actively seek opportunities to present new ideas, approaches, communication solutions and multi-brand partnerships, confidently and effectively represent MediaCom’s diversified services to the client.
• Draft and manage Client Development Plans to maintain clear and consistent communication flows between client / MediaCom team, including all contact reports and WIP actions – including time management.
• Export great work across the client / MediaCom team. Champion our clients’ marketing within the industry – which may mean speaking at industry events, writing award papers and case studies.
• Provides consistency of approach, prioritisation and delivery across the portfolio of brand campaign plans and clients to deliver manage optimised portfolios.
• Assist the Business Director with client and partner agency resolution issues.
• Proactively share communication updates during crisis management.
Outcomes based Business Planning
• We plan to outcomes, not just inputs, which means we must understand and optimise the entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels.
• Understand those business and marketing factors that have an effect on communication strategies, including but not limited to distribution strategies, pricing strategies, positioning’s, category dynamics (market share, position in market) and consumer barriers.
• Develop seamlessly integrated campaign plans, coherent with the overall strategic direction agreed in line with brands with the marketing team.
• Translate strategic direction into ideas and actionable media that aligns grows market penetration and/or frequency.
• Develop the overall campaign structure and budget allocation to deliver the agreed media strategy and brand objectives.
• Actively participate in the development of client contact strategies and pro-actively seek opportunities to present new ideas, approaches, communication solutions and multi-brand partnerships
• Ensure all planning and rationale is proofed based, using the correct measurement to correlate business value to communication’s success.
• Involve specialists (internal and external to MediaCom) as required to deliver optimal and innovative media campaigns.
• Responsibility for internal reporting of all business performance on a monthly basis.
• Share and apply learning from campaign measurement and evaluation to increase the productivity of the media plans.
• Ensure all planned activity is supported by a solid rationale that aligns to the brand marketing objectives.
• Ensure media implementation is planned and executed with diligence against media targets and marketing benchmarks.
• Be a key liaison with GroupM (trading group), monitoring savings reporting and audit management
• Ensure delivery is compliant with marketing codes, responsible marketing, GDPR and in safe environments, with proactive early detection of risks in new channels.
• Manage budgets. Inform any under spend in timely fashion. Lead monthly / quarterly reconciliations.
• Control media booking processes – i.e. allow no media to be booked without a PO.
• Maintain budget control and mitigate against account queries and debt.
• Keep your timesheet up to date (weekly) and measure the efficiency of client service versus contract.
• Be involved in new business opportunities as required.
• Assist the Business Director in identifying, creating, converting and managing strategically relevant revenue opportunities to increase extraction rates.