Global Business Director
Global Business Director
GroupM, the media investment group of WPP, launched Finecast in September 2017, delivering precision and accountability to advertising on the most powerful advertising and branding medium - Television.
As TV audiences fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. It helps advertisers address hard-to-reach TV viewers through a single access point with standardised measurement. All Finecast campaigns are inherently viewable, running on TV screens within high-quality, brand-safe content with no ad blocking.
Each Finecast campaign is custom built around the advertiser’s audience target or response objective for TV campaigns and provides a more targeted and faster path to market than traditional linear TV advertising.
About the team
The world of TV is undergoing a paradigm-shift as traditional, linear TV shifts into the new world of TV powered by technology advances, content proliferation and ubiquitous data. Finecast is a team of individuals shaping the future of TV advertising and as such we set high standards for the individuals we hire and the skill-sets they bring to our business. We are a rapidly growing organisation that require a hands on approach with creative thinking, strong communication skills and a passion for what we do that translates into real energy in our team culture. There is no place for politics – Finecast is a fun, open, honest place to work where we support each other for our mutual success.
The Global Business Director will be responsible for the ongoing evaluation, maintenance and development of the Finecast business.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Global Business Director will have a strong understanding of the ATV landscape, will effectively be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders in order to assess and develop strategies for the growth of Finecast business and will be responsible for co-ordinating the assessment, launch and growth of new markets. Furtherto, this role will be responsible for the negotiation, design and implementation of global systems, strategies and commercial deals which will ensure Finecasts continued growth and global consistency.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Market Landscape: Maintaining an on-going understanding of the ATV global landscape. Supporting and providing thought leadership on aspects of ATV and its evolution.
- Market Assessment: Developing a market-level analysis of local ATV capabilities. Scoping out new market opportunities. Maintaining a road-map for new market launches and responsible for the development and delivery of business plans for agreed markets.
- New Markets: Supporting the planning, launch and on-boarding process for approved new markets. Maintaining relationships with markets, ensuring that they have the required tools for growth and that growth is tracked in-line with business expectations.
- Global Systems and Processes: Designing and implementing global systems, strategies and procedures. Ensuring that process is standardised across every market.
- Global Vendor Contracts: Responsible for the negotiation, adoption and on-going commercial management of global vendor contracts.
- Stakeholder liaison: Developing and maintaining relationships with senior leadership, both across GroupM and with strategic partners.
This high profile position will provide a wealth of opportunity for professional and personal growth. A position which will play a critical role in supporting the growth and success of Finecast; launching new business and ensuring global consistency and support.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
The ideal candidate must have strong experience in the building and deployment of global business strategies and solutions. Will be able to work effectively and in close collaboration with senior stakeholders across commercial and technical business functions, building trust, understanding and traction for the development of the Finecast brand.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the TV advertising industry and display an inquisitive approach its evolution and future opportunity.
The following skills and attributes will be essential:
- Solid experience in TV advertising and digital media industries
- Demonstrable ability to deliver detailed levels of analysis
- Ability to construct and present detailed business plans which foster collaboration for change and growth
- Experience with the deployment of global solutions
- Strong experience with negotiation and commercial management of global contracts
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders across multi-functional disciplines
- Experienced people management skills – proven ability to lead a team, set objectives for individuals and manage performance
- Versatility to adapt skills/behaviours/attitude to enable successful working outcomes in unfamiliar environments.
- Bring an energy and passion to your work, be versatile and collaborative in style and confident in the solutions you present. Excellent MS Office skills
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, Mediacom, Mindshare, Essence and MSix.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.