Media Planner - Citroen, Akzo Nobel
Overview of job
PSA and Akzo are globally operating automotive and home improvement accounts made up of exciting and established brands including Citroen and Dulux Retail. MediaCom is looking for a great comms planner to join us working on Citroen and also Akzo.
This role represents a great opportunity for a forward thinking and dynamic media planner to build their experience working across all media channels within interesting and varied categories, and to build their experience as a trusted advisor to clients.
An active interest in cars or interiors would be a bonus!
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Planning Managers across Citroen and Akzo. The Citroen team currently consists of a Partner, Associate Director, an Account Manager and an Exec. This means there is a wide team to learn from and the role provides the opportunity to develop the Exec. Akzo team consists of a Partner, Planning Director, Associate Director, Account Manager and an Exec.
3 best things about the job:
- Working on clients that are in an exciting phase of evolution – looking for innovation in their media planning!
- Using media as a tool within categories facing interesting challenges
- An enthusiastic and fun team that sits within the BG2 family
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Joined regular phone calls and status meetings with the clients and input/lead competitive work that goes across to them
- Be the lead day to day contact for selected clients
- Integrated yourself into the Planning team, as well as the Connected Execution team
- NB: You will have the support of the wider team to deliver this
In six months, you would have:
- Built solid relationships with the Connect team
- Owned some of smaller briefs (Used car, Fleet, Vans and Dulux Decorator Centre) from strategy to execution, with the support of the Planning Manager
- Supported the Planning Manager on the execution of the C5 Aircross, C3 and C4 Cactus brand plans and across the Akzo business
- Helped to coach and develop the Exec on the team
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become well-versed in the way Citroen and Akzo plan media to best support their business
- Shown that you understand the competitor landscape –and have become the category expert.
- Built a strong relationship with clients, to become a trusted partner
- Responsibilities of the role:
Develop a sound knowledge of all media channels and keep abreast of all new and emerging media opportunities
- Oversee all current campaigns and work with relevant teams to ensure the seamless execution and implementation of campaigns. Be able to provide instantaneous campaign updates to senior management and clients
- Develop an understanding and champion Mediacom’s Systems Planning process
- Help to keep track of budgetary and financial information for all campaigns
- Have a strong knowledge of desktop research and planning tools (e.g. AdDynamix, TGI) and use these to glean important insight
- Demonstrate an active interest in Citroen and Akzo’s business, marketplace and audiences, and identify relevant opportunities that arise
- Demonstrate an active interest in competitor activity and communicate relevant information and learnings to Citroen and Akzo through updates and formal reports
- Willingly meet media owners relevant to the client’s business and feedback relevant opportunities to the wider team
- Take a proactive approach in solving client queries
What you will need:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good prioritisation skills
- Passion and interest in media strategy as well as experience of implementational media delivery
- Fun member of the team who can build relationships and be a part of a positive and friendly team
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, adidas, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.