Analytics, Insight & Ad Operations
MediaCom – Connected Execution
Analytics, Insight and Ad Operations Executives
About the Mediacom Connected Execution Data Team
Data is at the heart of everything here at Connected Execution, the digital advertising activation hub for Mediacom, and we have a vibrant and diverse data team to reflect that. In the last year, we have grown into fully-fledged Analytics, Insight and Ad Operations teams. Each team uses brainpower, technology and creativity in different ways with the goal of helping clients like Adidas, Playstation and Shell get the most out of one vital asset; their first-party data.
Now, we’re looking for new executives to join us, working with markets across EMEA and global client accounts. Each role will offer the chance to develop a solid understanding of how data fuels digital marketing, and to learn about the technology and decision-making that underpins our clients’ success.
You’ll be working in a fun environment where personal development is encouraged. We want you to learn something every day and acquire valuable new skills that excite you. From day one you will be developing an invaluable foundation for progressing a career in data, insight, technology or more diverse roles within digital media.
- The Activation Insight team analyses live and historic campaigns to become trusted advisors on what’s working and what’s not, so that Mediacom can become smarter with penny of campaign budget that we spend.
- Analyse what’s happening with our clients’ campaigns and websites to find opportunities to improve outcomes.
- Build compelling arguments that have a real impact on the way global brands advertise to their audience.
- The Analytics team builds reports and queries that puts automated, accurate data in the hands of everyone from the MD to Paid Social optimisers.
- Aspiring code ninja? Learn SQL, Python, and JSON on the job, with a team that share your passions.
- Hone your skills with Tableau, a leading data visualisation tool
- The Ad Operations team makes sure that each one of the thousands of digital ads we run every day is tagged to pass the right information back so that we know which ads drive results.
- Be the first to know when big technology players like Google and Amazon change their product roadmaps and advise clients on how to get the most out of their technology budgets.
- Learn techniques to turn high volumes of setup tasks into simple, efficient, accurate workflows.
3 best things about the job:
- Working at the forefront of digital technology which is always innovating and changing
- Friendly, supportive team culture
- Exciting global clients including Adidas, Playstation and Shell
In three months, you will:
- Learn your way around our reports (insight), data warehouse (analytics) or ad-server (ad ops)
- Carry out basic tasks independently
- Be able to describe what you do to your grandparents
In six months, you will:
- Learn the end to end analysis, data visualisation or trafficking process for key clients
- Take on several trouble-shooting tasks
- Effectively contribute to the workload of the team
In 12 months, you will:
- Work directly with clients or client-facing teams across the business
- Have ownership of particular parts of a client’s insight, analytics or ad ops processes
- Contribute an idea or suggestion on how to improve an existing process or problem
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing channels such as Paid Search, Paid Social and Programmatic
- An interest in marketing and how brands are built
- Experience using Excel
- Problem solving skills and a desire to find a “better way”
- Ability to make inferences and decisions based on data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi task, prioritise and manage expectations
- Able to develop relationships in and outside of the team
- Keen to learn and be part of a dynamic growing team
- Honesty and integrity
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.