QA Automation Engineer (Big Data)
[m]PLATFORM is an advanced technology suite of flexible media planning applications, data analytics and digital services. The platform will improve advertisers’ ability to use audience-defining insights from hundreds of data sources to find and communicate with their consumers across all media.
[m]PLATFORM makes it possible for media planners at GroupM agencies to use the most detailed consumer data to achieve results for their clients. It is supported by a team of data scientists, technologists and digital practitioners from across GroupM specialist companies.
We are seeking an experienced QA Automation Engineer (Big Data) as a team member of one our backend engineering teams to join our initiative. The [m]PLATFORM technology stack is comprised of a mix of proprietary and licensed components which powers our data collection, audience generation, targeting and optimization efforts globally, creating efficiency, effectiveness and consistency across GroupM agencies.
You will be part of a dynamic team of engineers who are developing cutting edge software for a real-time data management platform capable of processing billions of transactions per day in the advertising technology industry.
Using the latest technologies allows us to deliver highly scalable, efficient and robust solutions and gives you the opportunity to apply your solutions at a global scale.
As a SDET, Software Development Engineer In Test (Big Data) you will work with the Team Lead to develop and execute test strategy for delivering highest quality product releases. You will be interacting directly with Product Management to identify various use cases and develop strategies.
We want someone with the right temperament to manage the ambiguity that comes in our business and the passion to design and automate test strategies in our global business environment. You will be expected to:
- Work in a scrum team and be responsible to transform from product feature requirement to test strategies, test planning and test cases design
- Contribute to the overall automation effort in both test cases automation and automation framework development / enhancement
- Develop and execute against a solid automation strategy for delivering the highest quality product releases.
- Perform functional, usability, performance and load test for various components and projects
- Work with Team Lead to identify and develop metrics for assessing the quality of delivered project, analyzes trends, researches anomalies and summarizes findings
- Highly motivated and able to work collaboratively in a team & deliver without close supervision.
- Able to work in an AGILE environment and adhere to sprint plans.
- Excellent Analytical skills.
- Partner with other QA members and teams on designing and implementing companywide quality initiatives and enhancements
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience of enterprise software testing and large scale distributed system testing
- Experience in QA methodologies and processes with a demonstrated ability to develop, document and train on testing standards, guidelines and methodologies
- Excellent communications, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Micro services/REST API testing experience with TestNG/JUnit.
- Experience with CI/CD technologies including Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes and Ansible/Chef.
- Skill in debugging architectural problems in automation setups and test results
- Experience in interacting with SQL/No-SQL databases like HP Vertica, MariaDB, Couchbase using DDL/DML commands and Rest APIs.
- Experience in web application testing with large scale & distributed backend.
- Experience with load testing tools such as JMeter, BlazeMeter
- Experience in developing efficient quality automation frameworks for Big data infrastructures
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix development environment
- Experience with cloud computing platform such as AWS in orchestration, deployment and integration perspectives
Highly Desirable/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in working with Hadoop, Spark, Elastic search, Apache Kafka, Apache HDFS, HBase, Hive, OOZIE
- Experience in Big data applications with real time data processing and aggregation frameworks such as Apache Storm, Apache Spark, Apache Nifi
- Experience with Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with Code Coverage tool.
- Experience with Ad Tech domain.