Market SOX and Compliance Lead
Market SOX and Compliance Lead, GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom Group and Wavemaker. GroupM Nordics consist of 7 SOX entities across four markets.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Risk and Compliance professional to lead SOX and Compliance in the markets. This is a challenging role with multiple deliverables and priorities which requires fast learning capabilities. The role involves liaising with a wide range of stakeholders across the Group, working with different teams within the markets, local management and wider Compliance, Finance and internal or external auditors.
Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a collaborative team-oriented, problem solving approach are critical. Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment and work cross-functionally with multiple geographies, functions, and employees of diverse backgrounds.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Think strategically about our business, review operational processes and procedures and suggest improvements.
- Serve as an adviser within the business covering Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) as well as internal policy requirements.
- Promote compliance through training, engagement and cooperation across different teams in the Nordics.
- Ensure that internal controls, processes and systems are in compliance with local laws and regulations, group internal procedures and client contract requirements.
- Supervise the delivery of compliance procedures for the Nordics.
- Assist local management with SOX compliance documentation, self-certification and audit coordination.
- Participate in audit closing meetings, work on management response and remediation action plan.
- Drive issue resolution across the Nordics and ensure that each market is aligned on the approach.
- Be an expert in existing risk and compliance systems and tools and provide support to process owners in the Nordics.
- Assist regional Compliance with ad hoc activities in relation to SOX and compliance in the market.
Experience and skills
- Merc or similar level educational degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in industry or consulting; experience in ethics and compliance, business process improvement, risk management, advisory, external or internal audit.
- Experience working in team oriented culture at a multinational company;
- Accounting or audit professional or equivalent qualification
- Experience in media and advertising with knowledge of core business processes is a plus;
- Ability to find innovative solutions to control, process and systems issues
- Self-starter with a high degree of professional ethics;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- MS Office and system savvy;
- Fluent English written and spoken is essential.
- GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $113B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivalled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more at groupm.com.
- WPP is the world’s largest communications services group with billings of US$71.7 billion and revenues of over US$19 billion. Through its operating companies, the Group provides a comprehensive range of advertising and marketing services including advertising & media investment management; data investment management; public relations & public affairs; branding & identity; healthcare communications; digital, eCommerce and shopper marketing and specialist communications. The company employs over 130,000 people across 112 countries. For more information, visit wpp.com
Send your application and Curriculum Vitae as soon as possible via the link at the top of this page. We only accept applications through Jobvite. We will look through applications continuously. If you have any inquiries then contact our CFO, Pia Tellefsen at email@example.com. Read more about GroupM Denmark here www.groupmdanmark.dk