Business Analyst (Investment Systems)
GroupM, London, UK
Program Manager, Investment Systems
GroupM is the number one global media investment management group. We offer the intelligence to find or create valuable audiences, the power to engage them most effectively and efficiently, and the ability to create desired marketing outcomes.
GroupM invests in people, content, technology and data to make its agencies optimally effective and efficient for clients, providing intelligence to find or create valuable audiences and outcomes. Our leadership, inventiveness and scale drive success for our clients, partners and people.
GroupM is the central Investment organization for WPP's media agencies and also the world's largest buyer of media with 2014 billings of more than $108 billion (RECMA, 2017). One of every three ads placed worldwide utilize ad inventory purchased by GroupM. Our peerless global understanding of media marketplaces and Investment provide real incremental value and marketing advantages that benefit clients every day. We offer complete transparency and always respect clients’ confidential Investment interests.
GroupM Investment Systems Program
The Investment Systems Program team is responsible for providing the technology solutions needed to support the global and local business Investment teams within GroupM. Our aim is to develop reusable platforms that enable the agile delivery of features and caters for the diversity of our markets. We work closely with our end users locally and hire the best talent to build fast and reliable technologies.
The Investment Systems Business Analyst will be responsible for the acquisition and management of requirements for new projects whilst helping maintain and develop a growing suite of in-house Investment reporting systems and analytics applications.
The primary responsibilities of the Business Analyst are:
- Work closely with key stakeholders including Business Partners, business sponsors, product owners, development and support teams, and other parties involved in the successful scoping, development, testing, delivery, implementation and onboarding for the systems and applications
- Elicit and document requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories task and workflow analysis
- Have primary responsibility for backlog management, maintaining the quality of user stories and acceptance criteria for an agile project
- Provide the primary point of coordination between local market delivery teams and global delivery teams
- Coordinate and oversee stakeholder engagement activities, ensuring continued alignment with local and global strategies
- Work with local markets to define, structure and deliver against a phased program of work based on a generic plan which is tailored to individual markets
- Ensure a continued focus on successful delivery and providing genuine business value and benefits (i.e, business benefits rather than just technical delivery)
- Bachelor degree in STEM subjects with demonstrable IT skills preferred
- Minimum 5 years commercial experience in a Business Analyst role
Experience, Skills and Behaviours
- Business Analysis skillset - deep experience of agile and traditional business analysis techniques - business process modelling, scenarios, user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria, etc.
- Able to delve into the detail whilst maintaining sight of the bigger picture
- A proactive “can do” attitude and a willingness to be “hands on” when required
- Proven stakeholder management skills working with all levels of an organisation
- Extensive experience working closely with software development teams (agile/scrum, both onshore and offshore), products owners, end users and business stakeholders to ensure successful delivery and business adoption of new technology
- Proven experience of working with an agile backlog, creating and maintaining the quality of user stories and acceptance criteria for upcoming sprints
- Business case development and benefits realisation experience
- The ability to quickly learn and understand new business environments
- Strong planning, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Highly developed organisational skills with excellent time and expectation management skills
- A natural desire to share knowledge and teach others
- An advanced level of written and oral English
- The ability to travel internationally (infrequently)
- Experience working in a media organisation
- Business change / transformation management training and experience
- Experience with the Microsoft product suite including Azure, .NET, SQL, Visual Studio Online (VSTS/TFS), Power BI, Teams, Sharepoint, and Visio
- A good understanding of technology trends and movements
A WPP Company
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.