Partner, Audience Activation
Partner, Audience Activation
Job title: Partner, Audience Activation
Group: Mindshare FAST
Reports to: Head of FAST WW
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
The Partner, Audience Activation has overall responsibility for the output of the Mindshare WW Paid Social and Programmatic teams. Through their strong relationships with all key stakeholders (suppliers, client teams, wider agency teams, channel leads), they ensure the creation and maintenance of all required processes while developing the product and profile of Mindshare WW Paid Social and Programmatic.
The Partner, Audience Activation reports to the Head of FAST WW.
Key Skills & Knowledge:
The ideal candidate will be expected to use their own initiative to manage and coordinate a team of channel specialists delivering campaigns across industry leading DSPs and social platforms. You will be expected to champion the Mindshare WW best practice approach to delivering campaigns, individual and multi market strategy coordination and communication. You will lead by example, creating an environment where all members of the team have an opportunity to fulfil their potential and deliver exceptional work for our clients.
Developing our product
- Development of roadmaps for the WW Paid Social and Programmatic products
- Build and maintain relationships with key media and technology partners
- Define and manage partner JBPs and QBR process for Mindshare WW
- Creation of a consistent, challenging, but exciting recruitment experience for candidates that allows us to find and secure the best talent in the market
- Support of best practice leads in development of Global/regional Paid Social and Programmatic product
- Broker new partnerships and opportunities with technology, data and other partners to further enhance the Mindshare Paid Social and Programmatic product offering
- Identify and develop additional product revenue streams
Raising our profile
- Surfacing and sharing of great work from the team
- Collation of case studies of great work
- Entry of all industry awards
- Creation of internal and external POVs regarding industry developments
- Contribution to key industry events
- Building and maintaining relationships with client leads, offering strategic guidance to help grow the business and strengthen the relationship
- Working with HR/other channel leads to ensure the FAST story is positioned correctly with recruiters
- Identification and delivery of internal training for client teams where required
- Contribution to global channel specialist communities
Inspiring our people
- Maintaining a positive attitude towards all areas of our work and looking for opportunities where others see challenges
- Working with Business Directors/Finance to ensure team is resourced correctly
- Establishing a relationship with key senior clients, through QBRs/proactive projects
- Direct support of Business Directors
- Creation of development plans for all direct reports
- Ensuring a consistent, welcoming onboarding experience for all new starters
- Sharing a vision for the team and communicating the initiatives that will help us achieve it
- Regularly updating the team on live initiatives, business performance, new business opportunities and any other relevant topics
- Maintaining a strong line of communication with all team members
- Working with business directors to ensure all team members have clear objectives and development plans, tailored to their needs
- Development and maintenance of a skills matrix for all specialist levels, supported by a rigorous training framework
- Working with our HR team to develop training plans to plug any wider skills gaps around the team
Driving our process
- Working with other channel leads on integration projects
- Development and maintenance of an on-boarding process for new starters
- Working with our finance teams to develop and maintain a clear, simple finance process that eradicates errors
- Constant review of all optimisation, budget management and other processes to identify opportunities for improvement in effectiveness or efficiency
- Driving integration with other channels to deliver the best performance for our clients
- Working with other agency teams to improve our use of data for reporting, insight or targeting
Ensuring our profitability
- Submission of QRFs to Head of FAST WW and WW CFO, with supporting context
- Ultimate accountability for profitability of the WW Paid Social and Programmatic teams
- Ensuring all clients have a clear SOW, that is shared with and followed by business directors
- In collaboration with business directors, negotiation with clients/client leads where additional funding is required for resource, or SOWs need to be amended
- Working with business directors to ensure client resource allocations are adhered to
- Support and delivery of new business pitches
The Partner, Audience Activation will predominantly be judged on the output of others – the primary objective is to create an environment where others will be inspired and motivated to deliver best in class work for our clients.
- Motivated teams through team satisfaction via 360 and informal feedback
- Reduced staff turnover
- Client satisfaction via formal and constructive feedback
- Strong relationships with other departments via 360 and informal feedback
- Regular involvement in new business and internal projects
- Demonstrating skills and behaviours as outlined above, leading by example
- Increase in client profitability through commercially focused plans and innovations
- Profitable revenue growth
- Increase in revenue contribution from out of scope services
- Quality of work delivered by the team
- Involvement in wider Mindshare/Mindshare FAST initiatives
- Examples of profile driving initiatives (award nominations, industry articles, appearances at industry events)
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.