Project Manager/Senior Account Manager
Project Manager / Account Manager
Job title: Project Manager / Account Manager
Group: Project Management
Client/s: Dyson & Ad Operations
Reports to: Business Director
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent. Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Dyson is one of Britain’s biggest entrepreneurial / innovation success stories of recent times with annual sales in excess of £3billion. They have huge ambitions to increase their global presence and share, notably in fast growth markets. Historically Dyson was famous for vacuum cleaners but have expanded their product portfolio into environmental control (heating and cooling) and personal care with plans to launch several exciting new products including their digital vehicle in 2020. All products are premium – combining best performance with innovative design - and are the best in every segment in which they operate.
Mindshare has been working with Dyson on a global basis since 2013, with responsibility for nearly for 40 markets. Dyson is a top 15 global client, and our role and responsibilities include investment strategy, strategic planning, media planning, buying, reporting and information. We are also helping Dyson create a best in class digital performance strategy to help them achieve ambitious direct sales targets.
Dyson is a top 15 global client, and our role and responsibilities include business planning (e.g. market budget allocation, econometrics), investment strategy, media planning, buying, reporting and information. Digital / E-commerce and DRTV are also increasingly important areas.
Dyson remains a very entrepreneurial company run on a daily basis by the founder. As such most responsibilities are handled internally (including creative) – Mindshare are the primary external partner used by the business.
It is very exciting time for both Mindshare and Dyson as 2019 is a year of significant change having centralised Dyson’s execution of paid media activities to 3 Hubs in EMEA, North America and APAC.
As a Project Manager your core responsibility is in supporting and developing the project management service and offering across the business. This will include everything from coordination of multiple markets through to developing strategic roll-out plans and timelines, supporting development of education pieces, processes and guidelines for clients and markets, and maintaining an efficient flow of information and data between Mindshare and stakeholders.
The role will help deliver a wide programme of work across the Dyson business for their BAU workstreams including digital campaign delivery, resource management and scope development, as well as delivering on new reporting and technology initiatives that will be developed and launched throughout 2019. This role would make you a conduit between Dysons central performance team, our FAST execution teams and the Dyson Group Clients.
The role of the Project Manager will be a key day-to-day focal point within the Dyson Client Leadership, FAST hub, and the transcreation agency. You are expected to:
- Have a strong understanding of project management processes
- Steward the project management process and provide recommendations to the wider teams and/or the client.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills are essential, as is the ability to act calmly under pressure, with the motivation to work on your own or as part of/leading a team.
The Project Manager role will report into the Business Director regarding day-to-day responsibilities and career development.
- The roll out and development of platforms and tools
- Helping with campaign delivery across the FAST hub with regards to timeline creation and managemen
- Ensuring processes and change management are adhered to across the wider Dyson team and markets
- Ensuring sure the FAST HUB specialisms are aligned to the ways of working
- A key part of this role will involve working with business stakeholders to define and document the detailed business requirements to produce scopes
- Coordinating with client leadership, FAST specialists and other global and local stakeholders, including third parties
- General administration of various duties including management of internal and external meetings.
- Communicating resource requirements and allocating projects accordingly.
- Production and maintenance of project documentation including project timelines/Gantt charts.
- Monitoring project progress in line with deadlines and reporting back to the relevant stakeholders to ensure delivery against the agreed scope and time-frame.
- The ideal candidate should understand the Mindshare standards for the role and deliver to them as well as continually working to improve performance and looking for ways to exceed expectations.
- You will build a rapport with others to develop productive and effective relationships at work and will always follows through on commitments.
Skills & Qualifications:
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Sufficient Media Industry Experience
- Ability to thrive and work independently in an incredibly fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills; ability to quickly and creatively solve issues (both technical and operational)
- The candidate must an ambitious self-starter who is detail-oriented, organised and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to communicate process driven approaches clearly and effectively to non-technical individuals
- Track record delivering high quality results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong organisation skills
- Systems Thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Knowledge of governance and operations
- Change management
- Experience and knowledge of the difference stages of the project management life cycle.
- Strong project management and resource allocation skills.
- Leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken and the ability to explain complex technical or operational issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Advanced user of Microsoft Project and Excel incl. formulas, pivot tables, filters etc.
- Able to assist with scoping and pricing projects
- The ability to quickly learn and understand new business environments.
- A proactive, “can do” attitude. Self-starter and motivator with the ability to work in an autonomous fast paced environment doing what is necessary to deliver with SPEED.
- The ability to achieve high quality results by paying attention to detail.
- Team Player and willing to help with any task thrown at them
- Certifications beneficial such as PRINCE2 or PMBOK
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.