Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
[m]PLATFORM is an advanced technology suite of flexible media planning applications, data analytics and digital services. The platform will improve advertisers’ ability to use audience-defining insights from hundreds of data sources to find and communicate with their consumers across all media.
[m]PLATFORM makes it possible for media planners at GroupM agencies to use the most detailed consumer data to achieve results for their clients. It is supported by a team of data scientists, technologists and digital practitioners from across GroupM specialist companies.
As a Product Manager for the [m]PLATFORM, you will take ownership for the success of a range of both new and existing products within the [m]PLATFORM. The role requires you to drive the research, planning and implementation efforts, to work closely with a range of front-end and back-end teams. Your performance will be measured in terms of product usage uptake and reach to new users. You will therefore work proactively with the team to understand potential blockers to this success and find solutions and workarounds.
Your strong track-record of delivering key features and excellent communication skills will allow you to thrive within our global semi-agile scrum environment and deliver roadmap items that will bring significant business value to GroupM and delight our clients across all markets.
Your technical knowledge in ad tech and audience targeting will allow you both impact the roadmap as well as the scope and functionality of features to ensure we deliver cutting-edge technology in our mission to democratize data science; to deliver complex mathematical and data challenges within an automated and visually stunning UI.
Your strong personality will enable you to engage and negotiate with a variety of different teams including but not limited to engineers, data scientists, analysts, solution consultants, UX/UI designers, marketing managers and product leadership.
This role is based in London and reports into the regional director of Product and Data Science. However, as a member of our global team, you will work with teams across the globe and may need to travel overseas and meet your colleagues in other courtiers.
We want someone with the right temperament to manage the ambiguity that comes in our business and the passion to rollout our products.
Measures of success:
In three months, you would:
- Gain understanding of the unique [m]PLATFORM overall value proposition and technology
- Gain deep knowledge about your products, its business use cases, its architecture, its algorithmic specificities and its users
- Participate to the scrum rituals and structure the backlog items in collaboration with the data science and engineering teams
- Build relationships with all involved teams
In six months, you would:
- Understand your users needs, find new business opportunities with them and translate those into business use cases/features for your product
- Priorities and deliver the most compelling features to end-users from ideation to implementation
- Coordinate efforts across multiple product teams to ensure feature release on time
- Increase team velocity by improving collaboration with data scientists and engineers
In 12 months, you would:
- Establish yourself as central player for all Product development within [m]PLATFORM
- Influence the roadmap by having a comprehensive understanding of end-user needs
- Mentor less experienced Product Managers.
What you will need:
- Ability to be hands on with technology (SQL, R, etc)
- Excellent communication and coordination skills both written and verbally
- Experience as Product Manager/Owner in enterprise software
- Natural problem solver, not scared of making decisions
- Entrepreneurial and proactive mindset
- Absolute passion for delivering a visually stunning UI
- A keen interest in technology and data science, a degree in computer science, statistics or other relevant fields will be a plus.
- Excellent time management; ability to focus on the vision and filter out noise
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom, Maxus, and Essence, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.