Manager - Platform Operations
Finecast, a WPP company specialising in addressable TV, launched in the UK in September 2017.
As TV audiences’ fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. Finecast gives advertisers the ability to deliver targeted ads to audiences watching TV content across multiple broadcasters, connected devices, set top boxes, over-the-top providers and game consoles – all through a single point of access with standardised measurement.
Finecast optimises delivery across the entire addressable TV marketplace. With access to hundreds of different targeting segments, from socio-economic to life stage, purchase and financial data, advertisers can identify and reach viewers whenever and wherever they are watching.
About the Team
The world of TV is undergoing a paradigm-shift as traditional, linear TV shifts into the new world of TV powered by technology advances, content proliferation and ubiquitous data. Finecast is a team of individuals shaping the future of TV advertising and as such we set high standards for the individuals we hire and the skillsets they bring to our business. We are a rapidly growing organisation that require a hands-on approach with creative thinking, strong communication skills and a passion for what we do that translates into real energy in our team culture. There is no place for politics – Finecast is a fun, open, honest place to work where we support each other for our mutual success.
The Role Objectives
The Platform Operations Manager is a key member of the Finecast team and will support the development and implementation of projects and processes to ensure optimal operational performance and output. This supports the requirements and expectations of the advertisers and clients, whilst delivering against the aggressive growth targets. The role will include liaising and working with both the technical and commercial departments across Finecast, providing insights and best practice training.
The key areas of responsibility for the role are as follows:
- Developing new processes and procedures to enhance operations across departments.
- Working with managers and employees to implement changes.
- Training teams to use new systems or follow new processes.
- Revenue, yield, and margin forecasting and monitoring
- Input for optimising inventory allocation
- Data model building & maintenance
- Communicate and present insights to stakeholders
- Production of reporting and insights for companywide usage
- Maintain and optimise current processes and dashboards
- Liaise with commercial teams on the gathering and managing requirements and feedback for process or system development
- Offer ongoing technical and analytical support to commercial and operational teams
- Supporting the Audience Planning and Insights team on the defining and targeting of data driven campaigns, deals and segments for clients
- Support product releases and developments process
- Manage the administration of platform & system users
Finecast are looking for a process driven candidate who possess the right mix of analytical thinking married with commercial understanding to fill the role.
The following skills and attributes will be required:
- Excellent numerical competency
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Experience in using SQL
- Data visualisation and dashboarding experience
- Experience in media industry – with experience in TV advertising a benefit
- Able to effectively manage stakeholder expectations, proactively and reactively
- Strong analytical capabilities – being able to identify and interpret trends and provide clear recommendations
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.