Client Services Account Manager, Addressable TV
GroupM, the media investment group of WPP, launched Finecast in September 2017, delivering digital-like precision and accountability to advertising on the most powerful advertising and branding medium - television.
As TV audiences fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. It helps advertisers address hard-to-reach TV viewers through a single access point with standardised measurement. All Finecast campaigns are inherently viewable, running on TV screens within high-quality, brand-safe content with no ad blocking.
Each Finecast campaign is custom built around the advertiser’s audience target or response objective for TV campaigns and provides a more targeted and faster path to market than traditional linear TV advertising.
The Role Responsibilities:
There are four primary functions involved in the Account Manager role, outlined below.
Interrogate the brief, build out targeting, pricing, media plans and rationales and respond to agency.
Another of the Client Services group functions is the ability to project manage the campaigns going live. This function requires top-class attention to detail, confidence, and organisation to ensure that all internal and external teams provide what is needed to get the campaign live.
The Client Services team, along with Operations, have ultimate responsibility for campaign delivery and pacing. The Account Manager also has ultimate responsibility of monitoring campaign performance and ensuring that action is taken in the event of under performance / pacing.
End Of Campaign
The Account Manager gathers all final performance statistics and delivers this back to the client. This reporting needs to be insightful, and proactively look at ways to deliver roll-out success. The Account Manager is also charged with billing and reconciliation.
The Client Services team’s primary responsibility is to deliver exceptional client service at all times. This includes working closely with the agency team to understand their needs, providing timely responses to any requests, and advocating for them across our internal and supplier teams.
The successful candidate will enjoy a large degree of independence and is expected to execute proactively against assigned projects. As such Finecast are looking for a well tenured candidate for this role with experience in Account Management, Campaign Planning and Campaign Delivery, ideally with a strong background in AV.
Core areas of focus
The day to day responsibilities of the Account Manager will vary, however they are expected to focus on the following areas of activity:
- Work with agency and relevant internal teams to up-sell and cross-sell (and secure re-bookings)
- Retention of business due to excellent campaign delivery and results
- Reconcile campaigns at the end of each month
Responding to briefs
- Request / chase briefs from agency buyers on existing clients
- Support Engagement in answering RFPs from agency buyers on existing clients
- Work closely with our supply partners to deliver a satisfactory response that meets client requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for monitoring performance and delivery KPIs ensuring that action is taken in the event of under-performance.
- Ensure appropriate commentary and reporting is available both throughout the campaign and at the end.
- Troubleshoot issues with the support of the wider team
- Foster good working relationships with agency teams & manage their expectations
- Ensure agencies receive a high level of client service
- Be central to delivery of agency QBRs
- Attend and evolve content of agency surgeries
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Understanding and awareness of the AV space, including experience of strategic decision making re campaign planning with senior agency planners and independent clients.
- Ability to work independently with limited input once objectives have been set.
- Agency or account management experience
- Articulate & strong communicator and capable of building relationships with clients
- Personable person with capacity to communicate clearly and be assertive with internal and external parties
- Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Attention to detail with regards media booking, finance and campaign delivery
- Resilient and energetic
- Strong sense of initiative and personal ownership
- Dedicated to attaining team and personal goals
- Focused but able to maintain perspective
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.