Head of Audience Planning EMEA
Who are m/SIX?
We offer a unique proposition in that we are an agile, data-led business that was born in the digital age – but we are supported through our minority ownership by GroupM will full access to their world-class data and media pricing capabilities.
We sit within our own holding company structure, called The&Partnership. This structure includes, alongside m/SIX, a creative agency, a PR agency, a content agency, a digital performance specialist, and an experiential agency.
The&Partnership overall has a strong ethic of pitching in and getting our hands dirty, regardless of level. As such we are naturally less hierarchical and territorial than many other agency environments, particularly when it comes to working with creative teams. A good idea doesn’t mind who had it, and we look for people who just want to make good work happen.
We specialise in embedding resource directly into client offices, and flexibly partnering with other agencies to provide wider client solutions than just media planning & buying. We have a strong heritage in data & tech solutions, and use this capability to mine data for real human insight that powers all of our communications planning.
As a direct result of this approach, we are the fastest-growing independent agency network in Europe. In the last year, both global billings and headcount have more than doubled and we have won pitches on three continents in the last three months.
What is the role?
As we experience this rapid growth, need for audience planning capability across our EMEA teams and hub office is naturally increasing. We are now recruiting for an EMEA Head of Audience Planning to lead this effort.
Audience Planners work with data of all kinds, from brand tracking to site path data, as well as with GroupM’s proprietary data platform, to ensure that true data-led insights power all of our strategic thinking – both media & creative. This role will sit alongside media and creative colleagues at the heart of planning workflows, working closely with EMEA, Global and in-market colleague.
The client responsibilities of this role will include overseeing the quality of Audience Planning for the region, including as part of the integrated (media/creative/CRM) Toyota/Lexus business, and the newly-won EA media account. This role will also touch other client business and pitches as required on a flexible basis.
Key role responsibilities:
• Set the pace for the development and delivery of actionable audience plans, backed by data-driven insight
• Lead by example, organise and inspire direct reports and the wider Audience Planning community across the network
• Play a major role in the development of new data sources, tools and approaches
• Assist with training and governance of tools and systems in use around the EMEA agency network, including forging relationships with national audience planning leads and market leads as needed
• Staying abreast of developments in the industry and communicate them in a timely manner – be they within GroupM, among media partners, or the wider adtech/data ecosystem
• Become a go-to point of contact for EMEA colleagues
What experience & skills does the role require?
• Passion for developing your team to maximise their wellbeing and therefore team performance, setting challenging growth objectives and anticipating needs
• Ability to communicate clearly to clients of all levels, even when the source data itself may be complex
• Track record of working with diverse datasets, ideally with (but not limited to) a strong digital background
• Ability to track and push forward multiple concurrent projects, working in (and leading) teams in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in producing client-ready presentations and communicating them autonomously and effectively to stakeholders of all levels where needed
• Ability to determine, own and drive the audience planning agenda for the region alongside global and EMEA colleagues
• Evidence of leadership of teams in insight / digital / data strategy would be a strong advantage
• Curiosity and an inquisitive nature is critical
• Organised and proactive
• Progressive and open-minded
We look forward to receiving your application.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.