MediaCom Associate Director - Job description – May 2019
Overview of job
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious Planning Associate Director to lead the planning on two of the worlds most iconic brands, The Coca-Cola Company and Lindt & Sprungli
You will lead the delivery of top quality, innovative and creative planning for two big and high-profile clients, producing work that is evidence-based, creative, underpinned by systems thinking and designed to deliver growth for our clients.
The Coca-Cola Company sits at the top table of global brands and we’re looking for a proven and confident planner who is passionate about delivering work that connects with popular culture and can make consumers stop in their tracks. In the past year we have become a sponsor of the Premier League, run the world’s first ever sampling campaign delivered through a TV and voice assistant and made Oxford Circus smell of Cinnamon for the launch of a new Coke flavour. We love strategic thinking and rigour, but we also love a flair for innovation and creativity.
Lindt are an organisation that is experiencing a lot of change and continue to grow in a declining market. They are an exciting and challenging client who spend circ £13m annually across their dynamic profile of products from Lindor to Excellence. They are big spenders on TV and continue to look for new and exciting way to reach category buyers.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Business Directors Charlotte Mullan & Polly Hibbert
3 best things about the job:
- The people – you’ll work in a very supportive and ambitious team
- The work – you’ll do industry leading, big brand, strategic planning
- Your development – we’ll support your learning and development ambitions
Responsibilities of the role:
- Embed a strong planning culture in your team – brilliant planners who proud off the work they do, with clear goals, objectives and development plan, and a great relationship with other MediaCom depts
- Be an expert in Systems Planning & an advocate of the System
- Work with the leadership team to grow Planning at MediaCom (culture & product)
- Become the lead planning contact for clients, and become a trusted strategic partner
- Lead the Systems Planning process for all client projects, including Planning Sprint sessions
- Ensure your team are consistently delivering on the 5 key components of great work
- Increase revenue and profitability through active contribution to the commercial targets set for your business group
- Ensure the account is in perfect financial health
What you will need:
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
- Self-motivated; an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc
- An ability to prioritise and delegate, as well as manage both up and down
- Empathetic and self-aware
- Curiosity of mind - motivated to understand the real issue behind the brief
- Solid strategic thinker
- Positive, proactive approach to problem solving
- Calm under pressure
- Accurate verbal and written feedback and instructions
- Enjoy presenting, story-telling, and influencing others
- Data & Content literate - able to simplify the potentially complicated into a clear opportunity
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.