Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is one of the world’s fastest growing agencies in the world. As an agency that is just shy of ten years old, we were born in the digital age.
This means our approach of truly integrating data into everything we do is unencumbered by the silos and ways of working of traditional agencies. This is what enables us to achieve our purpose: which is to help brands grow in the modern media landscape and new customer reality in which we live.
The agency is designed to think audience first – to face into disruption. We use data signals to understand the flow of audiences, and build communications systems that balance the need to build and convert demand.
We turn real behavioural data into actionable human insight that informs all communications at both strategic & implementational levels. This means that we’re geared toward business growth, not just media growth.
Our aim is always to become a valued board-level business partner of the clients we work with. As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions.
- To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate
- To be the most important place in the careers of our people.
What is the role?
A unique aspect to our integrated setup is the role of the Audience Planner. This role works with data of all kinds, with a focus on GroupM’s proprietary data platform, [m]PLATFORM, to ensure that true data-led insights power all of our strategic thinking and implementation. This role will therefore sit at the heart of planning workflows, rather than in a silo.
As we on-board the global client’s media planning and buying account, we require agile, proactive audience planning capability across our dedicated team. As such, we are recruiting for an audience planner to work in the new embedded team situated in the client’s EMEA headquarters, in Guildford.
This role will focus on the client’s business across all markets, with an emphasis on meeting the needs of stakeholder clients located in Guildford. The role will therefore focus on briefs at both global and pan-EMEA levels.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Be a go-to point of contact for audience strategy and implementation for the client and the m/SIX team
- Provide support to the wider team in development and delivery of actionable audience strategy backed by data-driven insight – including hypothesis generation and investigation, recommendations on testing and measurement
- Work closely with digital planners, media planners and account management, TechOps and other teams to deliver this approach for every brief, adapting to varying timescales as needed
- Feed into the development and linkage of new data sources to benefit the client’s workflows and campaign effectiveness
- Assist with training and governance of tools and systems in use around the agency network, to drive excellence and consistency
- Staying abreast of developments in the industry, to utilise and communicate them as needed – be they within GroupM, among media partners, or the wider adtech/data ecosystem
Who are you?
- Ability to communicate clearly, even when the source data itself may be complex
- Track record of working with diverse datasets, ideally with (but not limited to) a strong digital background (e.g. DMP-type data, social and general marketing analytics)
- Ability to contribute effectively to multiple concurrent projects, working in teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in producing client-ready presentations and communicating them effectively to stakeholders of all levels where needed
- The nature of the integrated model means that the planning input required is varied and interesting. Beyond media planning, we are actively using real behavioural audience data to shape creative briefs, content platforms and production asset lists.
Where is the role based?
This team are part of one of our unique m/SIX embedded model teams, where we place m/Sixers to work directly with the client. The results of having client and agency working so closely together mean that the best work can happen, and our m/SIXers have a unique experience of being an agency person ‘client side’. The client’s office in London / Guildford is the UK HQ and home to multiple business groups and corporate functions.
The office in the centre of Guildford is a 5-minute walk from the main train station and only minutes away from the town's shops, restaurants and bars. Guildford is a 25 minute train journey from London Waterloo. Although you will be based in Guildford, we will expect that you regularly return to the London office for meetings and training & development.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.