Data Science & Technology Director
DATA SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR ROLE DESCRIPTION
Do you have a passion for, and love to create & build new data & technology solutions? Want to see your predictive models shaping the dynamic world of digital advertising? Want to build prototypes for new business applications, scale them and see them adopted? As our Data Science & Technology Director, you will play a lead role in Xaxis’ EMEA Marketing Science department. You will get the opportunity to:
- investigate and apply innovative data science techniques to real business problems - we work with over 1,000 leading brands in EMEA – to provide machine learning solutions for their advertising
- develop prototypes of new solutions, and then scale them help automate Xaxis operational workflow
- work with our ‘big and fast’ internet datasets, the latest in machine learning algorithms, and cloud-based technologies
- manage a team of data scientists and engineers to deliver both new AI solutions & automated solutions for our Xaxis operations teams and clients.
- lead talent development, and foster collaboration, in AI machine learning, and the role that technology can play to help automate various Xaxis operations across our region of 20+ markets and our teams of analysts, data scientists, technology and product champions, such as leading hackathons and training workshops.
You will have:
- Experienced with managing and leading data science and/or technology teams
- Experienced in delivering machine learning projects end-to-end: distilling business opportunities into data science challenges; feature engineering; model selection & tuning; communicating results; and engineering solutions into business applications & workflow
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques, such as predictive modelling, regression, classification, clustering and reinforcement learning
- Knowledge of modern data architectures, including cloud and distributed computing
- demonstrable experience at building web-based applications using cloud technology platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services)
- Strong stakeholder facing skills and understanding of the commercial benefits for technology
- a positive, can-do attitude with a thirst to continually learn new things
- an ability to work independently and collaboratively with a wide range of teams (analytics, technology, client services, operations)
- an interest in media, advertising and marketing
This role is a fantastic opportunity for personal and professional growth, and to get to work with leading digital media data to ‘push the boundaries’ of how Xaxis uses data & technology to deliver new capabilities that can automate our operations, and provide high performing advertising for the leading brands we work with.
Xaxis provides industry leading digital advertising for brands, using the latest advancements in data and technology to deliver the most meaningful and engaging digital advertising with the best outcomes. Our approach has been highly successful and today Xaxis works with over 3,000 clients across 40 countries. To maintain a competitive edge in the ever-changing media landscape, Xaxis continues to build next generation advertising products and platforms that will change the game for our clients. Xaxis is part of GroupM and WPP. By joining Xaxis you will work in our amazing office located in central London and can take advantage of our free breakfast, fruit all day, receive your birthday off in addition to your holiday allowance and every year on your work anniversary we like to thank you for your hard work by giving another day off! We are thankful for the work you do and always like to reward our employees back for their efforts.
You might know that GroupM is 'the world leading media investment group' - but what does this actually mean? Put simply, one in three adverts you'll see online, or out-and-about in public have been placed with our network of media agencies, some of the best and biggest agency brands in media (including Wavemaker, Mediacom, m/SIX, and Mindshare) so we have a pretty big responsibility on our shoulders. If that wasn't enough, GroupM is also a Top Employer (https://www.top-employers.com/en-GB/companyprofiles/uk/groupm-uk-limited/) meaning that we really value our employees' well-being, and we have world leading development programmes to lead and develop our talent. Considering we're the only media agency network to have this accreditation, we hope you'll consider joining us in your next career move. If you'd like to know more about life at GroupM, you can search for 'GroupM UK Careers' on all major social media platforms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
26 RED LION SQUARE, LONDON, WC1R 4HQ. UK
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.