Editorial Manager - MediaCom - Manchester
Location: Based in the heart of Spinningfields with fantastic transport links across the Northwest.
Salary: Dependent on experience, with amazing benefits and a fantastic friendly culture. .
MediaCom North are looking for a confident, experienced, and technically adept Editorial Manager who can lead a group of talented writers to create unique and engaging content.
The right candidate will join our fast-paced, fast-growing Media Beyond Advertising team, and, in turn, help to create and support the delivery of editorial content in the form of articles, interviews, infographics, blog posts, whitepapers, animations and more, for both B2C and B2B clients.
If you’ve got great editorial experience and a proven track record of mentoring a team of writers -- not to mention an enviable grasp of grammar – you could be right for this role.
Here at MediaCom, we know that our people are our greatest asset in making us the UK’s leading agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life, and personal welfare.
Flexible working is a part of our culture and MediaCom North are proud to be an inclusive employer that can (and will!) offer flexibility in employment from the first day you join us as a member of our team. We recognise that our people want a lifestyle balance that truly reflects and accommodates the many demands of the modern-day world. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss options with anyone interested in becoming a ‘MediaCommer’ as we already have several initiatives in place with options incorporating flexibility from both an hours and location perspective.
We believe that by putting our People First, we deliver Better Results for our clients and create a great place for everyone to enjoy their work.
Some key responsibilities:
• Development of editorial plans for clients, inline with objectives and budgets.
• Managing the timely and cost-effective delivery of client editorial plans.
• Managing relationships with external content creators.
• Communicating with writers on technical matters.
• Management of editorial content creation both internally and externally.
• Management and development of copywriters and delegation of tasks.
• Liaising with clients to present editorial plans and run brainstorms.
• Work with the Content Director to develop MBA’s editorial offering.
What we'd like to see from you:
• Proven work experience as an editor or similar role.
• A vast portfolio of published work.
• Flawless writing skills.
• A meticulous eye for detail with proven proofreading/editing experience.
• Experience with CMS (e.g. WordPress).
• Good knowledge of SEO best practices.
• Experience of growing and managing a team.
• Able to objectively give copywriting feedback
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.