Planner - Direct Line
MediaCom – Planner on the Direct Line Group Team (BU1)
Overview of job
We’re looking for an ambitious Planner who would like to be part of a hardworking, energetic, and fun team working on one of the biggest account in the agency – Direct Line Group and its distinct brands Direct Line, Churchill and Green Flag.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Managers on the account.
3 best things about the job:
- Exciting client, who is driving the Insurance category forward with innovative brand campaigns which pan across a multitude of products, channels and audiences.
- Fun working atmosphere and team culture.
- You’ll have access to a range of opportunities for growth. Mediacom’s philosophy is putting its people first. This is a place where you can grow as a person as well as a professional – with a wide range of initiatives across the board.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Become an expert in the basics of the DLG account and the insurance category.
- Integrated yourself into the Planning team, as well as the Implementation team
- Joined regular phone calls and status meetings with the clients and started to manage the status sheet for the team
- Be the lead day to day contact for selected clients and Implementation team members
- Gained understanding of the Mediacom department structure and key figures on the team.
- The ability to effectively contribute to the workload of the team – audience and competitor analysis for example
In six months, you would have:
- An in-depth understanding of the client’s objectives and priorities, as well as the KPIs we’re measured against.
- Developed robust relationships with various Mediacom teams, including the implementation and delivery teams
- Started to become a key team player, contributing to the team’s knowledge and development by sharing inspirational content from books or articles you have read or talks you attended
- Established yourself as someone who is reliable and who will help answer questions, provide clarity and help solve any issues that might arise on the client’s side, as well as with colleagues.
- Owned some of smaller briefs from strategy to execution, with the support of the Planning Manager
- Supported the Planning Manager on the execution of larger briefs
- Helped to coach and develop the Exec on the team
In 12 months, you would have:
- Started contributing to wider account projects, outside of the day-to-day.
- Become well-versed in the way DLG plan media to best support their business
- Shown that you understand the competitor landscape and have become the category expert.
- Built a strong relationship with clients, to become a trusted partner
- Develop a sound knowledge of all media channels and keep abreast of all new and emerging media opportunities and collaborate with channel specialists to build invaluable cross-channel knowledge.
- Oversee all current campaigns and work with relevant teams to ensure the seamless execution and implementation of campaigns.
- Be able to provide instantaneous campaign updates to senior management and clients
- Develop an understanding and champion Mediacom’s Systems Planning process
- Have a strong knowledge of desktop research, audience and planning tools (e.g. AdDynamix, TGI) and use these to glean important insight
- Demonstrate an active interest in DLG’s business, marketplace and audiences, and identify relevant opportunities that arise
- Willingly meet media owners relevant to the client’s business and feedback relevant opportunities to the wider team
- Take a proactive approach in solving client queries
- Support Managers/BDs on wider account projects.
- Develop good relationships with other departments working on the account, i.e. Implementation, MBA, Business Science, to help you get things done.
What you will need:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements.
- Interest in developing media strategy skills as well as experience implementational media delivery
- Problem solving skills and a desire to find a “better way”.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage expectations.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Calm under pressure and able to juggle multiple projects.
- You will be enthusiastic, helpful and collaborative, and be seeking an environment where you can learn, develop, and actively contribute to the evolution of a key agency account.
- Ideally you would have been working for at least one year as an Executive, or in similar role at another agency.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.