AV Manager - Lloyds
MediaCom AV Investment Manager – Lloyds Banking Group
Overview of job
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We are the only agency to simultaneously hold the title of Agency Network of the Year across all 5 of the industry’s biggest awards, whilst MediaCom London was named the Number 1 agency in the world in the 2018 Gunn 100 report.
We’re looking for a natural leader who wants to help us push this further! We need an experienced Investment/Buying Manager who can run a dedicated team of media specialists, across all AV channels, including TV, Online Video, Addressable TV, OOH TV, Cinema and Radio for one of the UK’s biggest and most forward-thinking advertisers; Lloyds Banking Group.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the AV Associate Director.
3 best things about the job:
The opportunity to work on one of the leading advertisers in the UK.
- Being part of a fully integrated AV team, with best in class implementation at the heart. You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialists in other media and client teams to ensure joined up thinking.
- The opportunity to work with big budgets to derive the new and innovative on top of our tried and tested methods.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Worked with the Associate Director to build a strong team within the LBG AV Planning and Buying department, along with other key internal stakeholders (Implementational Leads, Business Science, Systems development teams).
- Start to build a relationship with key stakeholders at LBG and have a strong understanding of their account and approach to AV.
- Managing your team in order to deliver all campaign objectives without error.
- Have a full grasp of all the commercial aspects of LBG (their business and ours).
In six months, you would have:
- Developed an efficient and effective way of working within the AV and Planning team to ensure LBG’s reach goals are achieved in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Started to demonstrate to LBG an improvement in key business performance metrics.
- Developed a good grasp of the LBG account and how the various teams in the agency interact to produce best in class AV work.
- Set your team’s quarterly reviews, KPIs and My360.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Delivered all commitments to LBG to their audit requirements.
- Delivered demonstrable AV-attributable improvements to the LBG business YOY.
Responsibilities of the role:
You will work as part of a team of AV specialists who plan and buy all AV campaigns for across the Lloyds Bank portfolio (Lloyds, Halifax, Scottish Widows and Bank of Scotland). The team are accountable of the entire planning to execution of each campaign across TV, Video, Radio and Cinema.
The AV Investment Manager has responsibility for working with the AD to monitor and push the development and quality of output from the more junior members of their team. They must inspire and challenge the team, ensuring that they are motivated, and given the right opportunities to develop their video and multimedia knowledge – understanding the role of all video channels, how they interlink and the role that they can play in a wider multimedia system.
As AV Investment Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of market-leading buying output, without errors, to the LBG clients. It requires a combination of leadership, communication skills, excellence in video media and multimedia understanding.
The AV Investment Manager will be responsible for owning the AV Buying output for the team. They will be viewed by the client as an AV expert who has an authoritative opinion on both their plans and the wider media market. They will work very closely with the LBG AV Associate Director and the comms team to ensure every plan delivers maximum reach for lowest cost and highest quality in the most commercially beneficial way.
Client education and thought leadership is a core part of the role: developing a deep understanding of the banking category and LBG business objectives and problems will be essential.
What you will need:
- At least 4 years’ experience in an AV buying role
- In depth experience of the UK market
- Interest and enthusiasm to work on a massive client
- Multi-media understanding and 360 video knowledge (all channels)
- Knowledge of industry media buying tools (all media e.g. BARB, Media Ocean, Caria, Prisma and Jet)
- Pro-actively forge relationships with media owners
- Commercially astute and excellent negotiation skills
- Passionate to explore new ways of trading
- Interest in helping shape the commercial product at MediaCom
- Strong interpersonal skills and good communicator
- Understanding of brands and ability to execute strategy
- Good leadership skills and talent management
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Excellent numeracy skills
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.