Analyst, Analytics -Job Spec
Neo is a global media agency and performance marketing network. Our mission is to help our clients leverage the latest digital and performance media techniques to connect with their customers and grow their businesses. We apply a data-driven strategic approach and cutting-edge technologies across all digital disciplines (including paid and organic search, display, video, mobile, social media, affiliate marketing, etc.) and traditional channels. Neo is now part of the Mindshare Performance Group. We are in a new era of horizontality and we are excited about the opportunity it presents for our clients and our people.
Our team consists of more than 1200 employees across 40 worldwide offices working to put innovation and accountability at the heart of every engagement. We partner with our clients, other agencies and partners to provide integrated solutions and also deliver independent, specialized services for brands across paid and organic search, programmatic buying, affiliate marketing and social amplification. While our engagements span several industry categories, we have deep expertise in financial services, education, IT, consumer electronics, commerce and B2B. We’re passionate about building brands and driving business results.
Neo has a rich culture while we maintain the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up. People are our greatest resource and we truly want employees to have a well-balanced life.
Who is the client?
You will be working across a broad spectrum of clients and gaining insight into various industries.
The clients range from Nespresso, Nestle, Sage, Mazda, etc. to name a few.
What is the role?
Reporting to the Director of Analytics, the role of Analyst is a steward of data-driven solutions and a critical partner for teams working across all areas of digital marketing.
• Work closely with media planning teams to measure the effectiveness of digital media campaign performance
• Manage extraction of data sets from multiple marketing/database platforms and perform hygiene and quality control steps. Data sources will include: web analytic tools, media analytics, customer databases, social listening tools, search tools, syndicated data, research & survey tools, etc.
• Ability to work independently to mine marketing database to uncover actionable insights and help tell the story of what is driving performance
• Assist senior analytics staff with various analytic projects including testing, advanced analysis, primary research, and digital attribution modelling
• Generate insightful visualizations and performance dashboards to depict data
• Retrieve raw research data compiled from 3rd party media tools (competitive spend, audience sizing) and synthesize it into usable forms for media team usage
• Serve as the main contact point for the majority of internal requests from the media and search teams
• Direct media planning teams in the analysis of digital and direct response campaigns to uncover patterns and establish practical insights
• Oversee development of analytical plans including proper selection of methodologies, techniques, KPIs and metrics.
• Pro-actively identifies new opportunities and offers solutions to move forward
• 0-2 years of professional experience in an analytical role with a solid grasp of statistical concepts
• Experience with data manipulation and visualization tools including: R, SQL, Python, Tableau, PowerBI
• Experience with web analytics platforms is preferred
• Familiarity with integrated, multi-channel marketing/advertising campaign tactics – including off-line and online/digital channels
• Adequate understanding of analytics techniques such as: forecasting, segmentation, univariate & multivariate statistical analysis, various metrics and key performance indicators, research & test design, and significance testing
• Client-facing experience
• Strong Problem-solving skills are essential.
• The ability to present complex ideas and results to clients in a simple way
Where is the role based?
This role is based in the London office.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.