WPP | Procurement Manager
WPP’s leading global agency networks – across all communications, experience, commerce and technology disciplines. For our brand new WPP building in Amsterdam (Amsteldok) we are looking for a Procurement Manager that will work with an international team of procurement professionals.
- Ensure local country procurement needs and service levels are met, acting as the first point of contact for the Operating Companies.
- Manage the implementation of regional and global procurement projects in-country, working closely with the appropriate Project Leader.
- Accountable for maintaining quality & service standards across all categories.
- Ensure accurate spend categorisation is maintained up to date and identifies opportunities for consolidation and leverage.
- Delivers local sourcing initiatives.
- Own local SRM (supplier relationship management) for all procurement managed suppliers.
- Manage and report on supplier performance in the local market.
- Responsible for enhancement of Operating Company compliance to preferred suppliers.
- Report all local savings and value add through the WPP savings reporting process.
- Maximise utilisation of spend analytics, eSourcing tools and buying portals.
- Ensure the approach to supply chain is consistent with WPP’s sustainability strategy.
- All Group Operating Companies in Netherlands.
- Primary spend scope is all addressable indirect spend. Work may also be required in advertising production and research operations spend, dependent on business priorities.
Qualifications, Experience & Requirements
- May be qualified to first degree level or hold an equivalent procurement qualification.
- Likely to have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in procurement in generalist/indirect buyer roles.
- Will have worked in greenfield projects and/or where Procurement is not mandated in the organisation.
- Experience in supporting and implementing Global/European projects.
- Sporadic travel may be required within Europe.
Personal Skill Set
- Solid grounding in procurement process skills, with an appropriate level of gravitas
- Comfortable with implementation and being “hands-on”.
- Ability to build effective relationships within the Operating Companies, particularly with the local country CFO’s, functional managers, and other project stakeholders.
- A collaborative team player, who is naturally customer focussed.
- Excellent communicator, verbally and in writing.
- Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and delivering in a complex environment.
- Exhibits sound judgement and decision making.
- Autonomous, comfortable working with minimal direct supervision.
- Analytical and numerate.
- Is a competent negotiator.
- Language skills:
- Native Dutch
- Fluent English