Senior Media Planner
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators!
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Bayer, Deutsche Telekom, IKEA, Mars, P&G to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we!
The Role Objective
We are looking for a Senior Media Planner to join one of our planning & implementation teams. Working across several accounts the Planner will play an integral part of the planning & execution process and will work with a Media Planner and Account Manager to deliver innovative campaigns across all media channels. The successful candidate will get to work across the entire campaign life cycle – from strategy to execution. Planning spans a number of varied categories: FMCG, Pharma, TelCo. There is an increased focus on planning process which will provide a brilliant basis to upskill across all media channels (traditional & digital) & aid development of both, brand and performance planning skillsets.
The Media Planner should:
- Build relationships with other departments, and participate widely in implantation planning & execution
- Develop and present strong actionable insights for your clients, based on competitor analysis. Prepare support work for client meetings & briefs.
- Build a strong relationship with clients & creative agency, to become a trusted partner
- Understand the competitor landscape – become the category expert
- Provide inspiration for the team from related and unrelated competitors
- Develop understanding of the media landscape
What you will need:
- To be passionate about comms planning with an appetite to learn & develop & demonstrate this by participating in planning initiatives.
- An ambition to work as part of a tight knit team & to contribute to the team culture of open communication to enable learning & development of all of our planning skills.
- A thirst for learning about technology, trends, media, people, brands and the industry
- Excellent organisational skills, meaning you are adept at managing a diverse workload and are able to appropriately prioritise tasks
- A keen interest in understanding the client’s business and the challenges they face
Key Performance Indicators
- Product: outstanding plan execution & operational excellence
- Client: satisfaction, retention and growth, contributing to a high agency evaluation score
- People: good collaboration with colleagues
- Personal development: positive performance feedback from manager, peers and clients.
Education, skills and behaviours
- Serbian language skills (written/verbal)
- 2+ years of experience on a similar role;
- Experience with industry tools/databases (Nielsen Arianna- proficiency required/ TGI, Ipsos Media Puls, Gemius)
- Ideally Degree educated in a business, numerical or analytical degree e.g. economics, mathematics, statistics or engineering;
- Numerate and analytical;
- Very good communication skills;
- Excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar;
- Excellent MS Office tools skills (Excel, Power Point);
- Experience in implementation planning;
- Proven track record in FMCG sector;
- Strong target orientation e.g. very results driven, ability to work effectively to targets;
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom
Deadline is 31st December 2020