Content Marketing Director
Mindshare is a leading global marketing and media services network with billings in excess of £23billion worldwide. The network consists of 97 offices in 67 countries throughout the USA, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and Asia Pacific; each dedicated to forging competitive marketing advantage for businesses and their brands.
Technology is changing our lives in astonishing and unimaginable ways and, in media, we are lucky enough to be working at the very heart of this change. However, the way we think about media is vital to unlocking the greatest opportunities for our clients and producing our best work. We define media as the space where content, audiences, data and technology meet.
This media playground is an exciting, vibrant and fast evolving space - a space that’s buzzing with innovation and creativity. A space where new people behaviours, habits and routines are fast emerging.
WORKING FOR MINDSHARE
We invest heavily in staff development- training is extensive from the most junior level with mock pitches, cross-media training, and learning modules in conjunction with the GroupM University. In January 2012 Huddle was launched- an innovative future planning discussion collaborating across our global network. Due to the global pandemic, we found ourselves hosting our first virtual Huddle event in November 2020 which was a big success. Find out more here: www.mindshareworld.com/uk/huddle
It’s not all work here - Mindshare hold social events for everyone including festive and summer parties and monthly get-togethers. In May 2018 Mindshare launched its first health and wellbeing event called Mindshare Balance Day. Every year we close the agency for a morning to host inspiring talks and activities around health and wellbeing.
Operating company: Mindshare UK
Job title: Content Marketing Director
Department/team: SEO & Content
To support clients in meeting their business objectives, by delivering best in class content marketing and influencer marketing campaigns that drive SEO authority and brand awareness.
Working as part of the SEO & Content team, line managing a Content Marketing Executive, the Content Marketing Director will work across 4 main accounts: Legal & General, TKMaxx, Unilever (brands such as Simple and Sure) and Natwest Tyl. Responsibilities include:
• Client Servicing – Key point of contact for clients, third parties such as publishers, press and influencers and internal teams
• Strategic – Ensuring that content marketing activity is joined up with the SEO strategy and where relevant, with media, PR & social activity
• Creative – Ultimately responsible for ideation and campaign development, you will need to explore the competitor landscape, understand clients’ brand value and marketing plans and propose ideas that serve to earn coverage and links back to our clients’ websites
• Pro-active – You will need to constantly be exploring angles and stories that are relevant to our clients, with ongoing creative thinking of how we could create newsworthy content
• Relationship management – Ideally, you will have existing relationships or be great at building new ones, with influencers, bloggers and publishers on behalf of our clients. This could be for product gifting, events or digital PR / content marketing
• Digital PR – You should have a deep understanding of how to use data to create a story; you will be responsible for designing research methods such as surveys, to create great content
• Multi-tasker – You will need to be capable of managing different types of campaign and supporting your Executive to be organised with excellent attention to detail
• Working closely with the Content Production Manager, Copywriter and Designer, you will be responsible for ensuring that campaign content on our clients’ websites adds value to your outreach – this might be written content, illustration, video or tools (for example)
• Management – Support your Content Marketing Executive to develop both their career and their capabilities in relation to the three accounts
• Collaboration – Work closely with the other SEO sub-teams as well as Mindshare media and planning teams to deliver consistent and considered work.
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
• Good understanding of SEO and in particular, what works for earning links
• Creative with a love for marketing content
• Strategic; able to integrate your campaigns with wider brand, media, PR and social activity
• Confident written and verbal communicator as you will represent our clients to third parties
• Good relationship building skills; existing relationships with bloggers and publications a significant advantage
• Strong Powerpoint and Excel skills
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via [email protected].