Awards and Project Manager - Global
Job title: Awards and Project Manager - Global
Location: Sea Containers London
Reporting to: Nic McCarthy, Global Editorial Director
Our people are passionate about communication, storytelling and innovation. If you love to push boundaries, you’ll feel right at home. Who are you? You are a talented marketing professional with a flair for project management and getting stuck in. You want to step up, set your mark and help make Wavemaker the most admired and distinctive media, content and technology agency in the world.
About the role
We are seeking an Awards and Projects Manager to join our Global Marketing team. The team’s focus is vital to driving Wavemaker’s business performance by helping fuel the growth of our clients, new business prospects, our brand and overall company culture.
The Awards and Projects Manager is a global role that is responsible for building the profile of the Wavemaker brand, making us famous for our great work for clients and ensuring all our events activities support our brand positioning objectives.
You will be responsible for
- Preparing our global award entries together with the Global Editorial Director, the Global Strategy Team and the rest of the marketing team.
- Liaising with external suppliers to manage the production of high-level collateral such as entry boards and case films, sharing back with local markets to inspire best practice.
- Monitoring and recording all global and local award wins.
- Keeping track of key dates and deadline for all major global, regional and some local awards – and encourage Wavemaker teams to enter
- Building and maintaining a relationship with global and regional industry awards organisers
- Managing our global internal awards initiative.
- Managing Wavemaker’s Case Study Library, ensuring that all award wining cases and other best in class work and collateral are added.
- Sharing best in class cases and award wins with the network as relevant.
- Provide advice and guidance to internal teams worldwide, share best practices, awards entry expertise across offices and help elevate the awareness awards to build brand fame
- Support our thought leadership programme, ensuring that high quality content reaches Wavemaker clients and prospects.
- Helping to manage our presence at events, for example by overseeing the production of bespoke collateral or coordinating invites or logistics on the ground. Each event is different, you would need to be prepared to work in a flexible way and help where necessary.
- Secure Wavemaker presence on stage at award shows and major industry conferences; pitching speaker opportunities and liaise with organisers about opportunities – and coordinate with Wavemaker key profiles and in-house experts.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working in marketing communications, ideally direct experience working with award entries
- Strong writing skills and an eye for great work
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in managing several marketing projects simultaneously
- An eye for detail, a creative and clever mind, a willingness to step in and take on tasks that often involve tight deadlines and working with multiple stakeholders
- Be able to undertake some marketing production themselves where appropriate. We do not outsource everything we do
- Be calm, courteous, culturally aware and highly collaborative, understanding that sometimes we are working to tight deadlines that require a level of flexibility and going ‘over and beyond’
Development and opportunities
- This is an excellent opportunity to gain international experience, working with teams from around the world.
- In return for your communication prowess, we will provide you with a comprehensive training and development package so that your experience with Wavemaker is rewarding on both a professional and a personal level.
We’re all about Growing, Creating and Caring for our talent, our clients and society at large.
Launched in January 2018 Wavemaker is the world’s fifth largest media agency and the most pioneering. Our 7,600+ highly talented and motivated people collaborate across the globe in 90 countries working with world class clients. Wavemaker is passionate about investing in our people to help them develop and thrive. Our culture is one where talent is valued, ideas flourish, and innovation is happening exactly where media, content and technology meet.
We attract people and businesses that want to change the game. We believe that the most important career decision a person can make is the culture they choose to grow in. A culture that not only values great work but also great people. Join us today!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.