Client Lead (FTC)
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
Asahi UK’s portfolio includes Peroni, Asahi Super Dry, London Pride, Cornish Orchards and Meantime.
In line with the reopening of pubs in July, Peroni launched their multi-channel Rivincita summer campaign. Rivincita roughly translates as rematch, focussing on our return to normal life. The campaign launched in print featuring Peroni’s Passeggiata Walk With Us letter, which highlights the little things that we don’t appreciate until they are taken away from us, like a simple walk. This was Peroni’s first TV campaign, but we also invested heavily in premium precision channels. Before COVID-19 hit Asahi UK’s brands had a particular focus on premium experiential channels. As the client has been limited in being able to host events in 2020 we have worked hard to see how we can drive consideration through paid-media instead.
- Managing Partner
The Client Lead has overall responsibility for leading a team to deliver best possible work for our clients across the OEP spectrum, and for ensuring that we maximise our return from that business.
- Ability to build and maintain client and agency relationships at a senior level. Gravitas and clarity in delivering media recommendations to clients. Someone clients respect and value and want on their business.
- Represents the company in a professional manner to clients, media owners and suppliers. Has high level of enthusiasm, cares about the business and wants to make a difference.
Over the past 6 months we have helped Asahi UK, and in particular their lead brand Peroni, migrate their media strategy from Premium Reach to Premium Precision. Asahi UK are committed to continue to explore opportunities to hone their precision approach. As such we are looking for a candidate who has strong Precision/digital planning skills, but who can also be client facing and potentially lead a team of both activation specialist and more traditional planners, upskilling them in a digital first approach. In your hybrid Client Lead/Precision role you will be supported by both planning and digital teams. Your focus will be leading the implementation, and constantly reviewing, our current digital roadmap for Asahi UK. We would expect you to have a single-minded focus on advancing clients’ digital marketing maturity through technical innovation, analytical rigour, advanced audience design and a culture of continuous learning and optimisation. You would do this by driving progress against client maturity through the WM-Operating System and Precision Maturity Framework (Unlock), a set of indicators and scorecards for data-driven marketing maturity. As the Client Lead we would also expect you to drive the digital agenda by:
- Ensuring outputs from Provocative Planning are translated into credible precision marketing approaches.
- Ensuring that all Precision channels are fully integrated into weekly/monthly client updates and meetings (this includes Ecommerce, Search, Xaxis)
- Be a detail-orientated champion for original, intelligent precision marketing work on every brief, who will work to get the best out of technology, data, audiences and activation.
- Be able to build credible, expertise-based working relationships with senior digital marketing and media clients at Asahi UK.
- Have an insatiable appetite for growing Precision, demonstrating enthusiasm, positive provocation and innovation within day to day work or specific Precision objectives.
Strategy & Planning
- Best in Class Planning. Effectively leads the planning process. Overall responsibility for the development of an integrated comms strategy and the quality of its execution. Is an expert in media planning, strategically strong, able to understand client’s business challenges and clearly identify and articulate a comms strategy to address it. Responsible for the shape of the plans: deciding the investment levels and role of each channel, driven by macro and micro level insights that deliver on clients’ objectives and KPIs. Able to go above and beyond paid solutions to consider how clients can maximise owned and earned platforms.
- Works with team to actively champion and use Wavemaker planning tools to deliver solutions for clients (e.g.TGI, YouGov, Touchpoints, MEC AV Fusion, SalesEdge, Cross media planner etc) to build robust plans and rationale documents that justify media selections.
- Can create a well thought through presentation with a coherent argument.
- Values ideas. Is passionate about creativity and is always seeking new stimulus and innovative solutions to deliver OEP solutions for its clients.
Campaign Management & Performance
- Organises agency resources to ensure best in class delivery across a multi-function team. Can plan and budget, organise staff and workflow, delegates whilst managing standards, and ensures effective time management across the team to meet deadlines.
- Take full ownership and quality control of our work for clients. Challenges clients on clearly defining and quantifying what success looks like for the campaign, ensures every brief has a clear set of SMART KPIs and measurable outcomes and a clear measurement framework in place – collaborating and innovating with A&I and Data Directors where appropriate. Instils a learning culture, constantly driving better results for our clients, overseeing PCAs, Quarterly/Annual review meetings for clients.
- Has an excellent commercial understanding of their clients and of Wavemakers products and services. Works with Managing Partners to proactively seek ways to increase revenue & income. Able to spot and advise clients when additional Wavemaker services would be beneficial. Is aware of the implications that client contracts may have on planning. Manages agency resource to deliver the most effective and efficient client deliveries and profitability of each piece of business. Responsible for delivering against PRF requirements outlined in client contracts. Is conscious of client servicing scores and guides the team to ensure a continuous improvement of them.
- Understands the importance of sound financial awareness, engenders strong financial accounting and admin across the team. Excellent attention to detail. Ensure all team members regularly complete timesheets.
- Has actively participated in new business projects and pitches.
- Able to lead a team to a very high standard and keeping people motivated and engaged.
Responsible for the workflow and quality of work of Directors, Managers, and Executives within their Group. Sets clear standards and monitors output across team.
- Provides their people with clear personal objectives, structure and regular reviews. Puts in place a training, development and feedback programme that ensures the ongoing development of their team, and is responsible for conducting performance reviews for direct reports. Is fully aware of full teams’ personal developmental tasks and enables their growth, through regular one on one meetings.
- Lead and facilitate a close and productive working relationship with all other Wavemaker specialisms to produce brilliant work for our clients. Clear communication of overall account / team objectives to the wider team. Writes clear briefs and provides feedback on work provided.
- Has engendered the respect of those they have worked with. Has high levels of integrity and builds trust with ease. People like working with this person. Is a calm, reliable and self-motivated individual.
Innovation & Collaboration
- Able to connect the skills of the agency together to best serve client’s needs. Builds relationships quickly and fosters collaboration between different Wavemaker departments in creative, content, research and data disciplines to produce brilliant work for our clients. Ensure strong professional relationships are formed with creative agencies and media owners to ensure integrated approach to client’s business.
- Actively seek creative and innovative media solutions in collaboration with other Wavemaker teams.
- Exceptional at assessing a situation and deploying the correct resources. Anticipates key issues and plans to solve them proactively. Identifies when to call in senior involvement, bring in new personnel or new specialist skills to meet client challenges.
- Has earned recognition as a contributor to agency and department initiatives. Is an exceptional self-starter, always takes the initiative and develops solutions off their own back. Volunteers or creates opportunities to expand their experience.
- Has a drive to make themselves better at what they do and to increase their knowledge. Maintains a detailed topical knowledge of relevant media developments, and actively seeks opportunities to learn. Engenders curiosity in their team.
Required skills / experience:
- Rounded media knowledge. A robust background in media is essential, with extensive channel knowledge.
- Confidently uses and has a high knowledge of Wavemaker/ industry data tools, and positively promotes the use of data within their team to generate insight and improve performance. Is highly skilled discussing data with clients.
- Ensures digital, data and innovation are central to all strategies, and insight is derived from available digital planning tools. Confident to take the lead digitally, doesn’t hand digital over the ‘digital people’ but consults with them for advice and stimulus. Capitalises on all opportunities to further their digital knowledge. Is confident discussing digital (display, search and social) with clients without needing specialists present.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills, and a very high level of articulation required.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.