Precision Manager - WM Play
WM Play Precision Manager
About Team Play
WM Play is Wavemaker’s entertainment client hub working on brands like Huawei, Netflix, Ubisoft, P&O Cruises and GAME to name a few. We are looking for a person that has a great passion for tech and entertainment and could bring it into the day to day role. This role will work across Huawei, P&O Cruises, Cunard and GAME as the key clients. We are looking for a real team player, someone who will put their all into the role and quickly become a valued member of a fantastic team.
You will be working in the most collaborative, creative, and innovative team in the whole agency, WM Play. We live and breathe ents – endlessly discussing our favourite tech, holidays, films, games, and TV.
WM Play work on very fast paced accounts – we want someone who can hit the ground running and quickly become the trusted day to day client contact; helping pull together plans with client and internal teams; whilst ensuring operational and day to day account handling excellence at all times.
The Precision Manager for Digital is responsible for the flawless delivery of Social, Search and Programmatic activity across the clients. Your core focus will be to continuously deliver value for your clients by planning and executing best in class campaigns; working with media owners to help your clients to be the first to trial new formats and features; and create and deliver gold standard optimisation and delivery plans.
- Experience planning and buying across at least one of social, display and PPC. Experience in multiple channels preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Ability to develop and execute comprehensive testing roadmap in the Social space – audience, media, creative
- High level of numeracy.
- Good understanding of:
- Best in class planning principles and methods
- Analytical methods and tools
- Media research tools and techniques
- Social Platform Knowledge
- Workflow management and prioritisation.
- People management.
- Sound financial awareness, including processes and budget control.
About Wavemaker Precision
In September 2018, Wavemaker UK brought all its specialists in data-driven marketing into one unit, Wavemaker Precision, focused on accelerating digital transformation for brands. WM Precision is a high-performance digital-first unit made up of experts in marketing technology, analytics, programmatic, social media, paid search, organic performance and ecommerce.
WM Precision is made up of c.180 specialists in London and Manchester, with an ambition to be the most distinctive and admired data-driven marketing practitioners in the UK. We will do this through:
- A single-minded focus on advancing clients’ digital marketing maturity through technical innovation, analytical rigour and a culture of continuous learning and optimisation
- An agile operating model designed to help clients take control of their digital investment, including support for the creation of in-house capabilities
- Certified specialist expertise in leading marketing technology and media platforms, and a strong ethos of partnership and innovation with tech and digital media businesses
- A technology-powered service model with a development roadmap focused on original data science to automate and optimise marketing delivery
- A culture that rewards expertise and invests in training and developing specialist talent
- A commitment to driving higher standards in digital media quality, transparency and the responsible use of data
What you’ll get from working at Wavemaker
A clear career path. As a Display Precision Manager there are a number of career routes and It’s not a hard and fast rule: when you’re ready you’re ready. As long as you consistently perform to a high standard and exceed your objectives you should expect to be ready to move up to be a Director after three-four years and beyond that you are able to choose between three alternate routes:
- Display Precision lead. If you want to continue your expertise in Display but spread this knowledge to more clients and people, then this is your next step.
- Precision Lead. If you’re keen to broaden your skills and be able to help clients across a number ofplatforms (PPC, Paid Social, Display, Programmatic + others) then this is your next step.
- Something else. This could be a move into another specialism (PPC Platform Lead or Programmatic Platform lead for example) or into any of our other roles such a Design, Delivery, Content, Analytics, Audience Science…the list goes on.
Develop your expertise. Clients increasingly recognise the value of specialist expertise in growing their business. Therefore, we will help you develop and grow your expertise in Display, it could be in specific areas such as negotiation, data led audience strategies, campaign analysis, Ad tech such as DCO and its benefits to campaigns, or working with industry media or verification partners. You find the area/s you’re interested in and show how it benefits our clients and we’ll help you become an expert in that area through a combination of training, mentoring (this can be from specialists from other parts of WPP) and giving you the space to develop this expertise.
A huge range of benefits: It’s no accident we’ve been a Times Top 100 company for quite some time. Our Care, Create and Grow framework is something you’ll become very familiar with.
Details of the role
We’re looking for super talented Digital specialists who can help grow our clients’ businesses while growing our people. To that end when we meet we’ll be looking for you to show us examples of work and experiences you have had that help you achieve those two goals.
Your line manager will be a Display Precision Director, who reports into one of the Display Platform Leads.
People management typically a Display Precision Manager will be responsible for at least one Display Precision Executive.
Flexible working is a real thing. The rules are simple: do brilliant work in a way that:
- Works for your client
- Works for your team
- Works for you
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.