Analyst, Data Science and Automation
Position: Analyst, Data Science & Automation
Group: Mindshare Worldwide
Location: Central London
Reporting to Data Science & Automation Lead
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
We are looking for an aspiring Analyst to join the Data Science and Automation team at Mindshare Worldwide in London, with responsibilities to support work with our global network of 116 offices.
This role requires a curious and creative mindset, as you will be helping us solve analytical problems for some of the world’s biggest brands using data. You will help deliver technical solutions to meet the business requirements of our stakeholders. Examples of work include building web applications powered by machine learning, or analysing media and website data to understand consumer behaviour to help media planners and clients determine the optimal channel mix.
There will be an opportunity to grow into the role, and along the way, learn cutting edge technologies like Google Cloud, and Azure as well as developing an understanding of the advertising industry with one of the world’s biggest advertising groups. WPP has some fantastic training programmes to help you do this.to become an engine of change to support global and market needs and spread state-of-the-art data science and data engineering practices.
The role is based in Mindshare’s worldwide team in London, working alongside more experienced Data Scientists/Engineers, with responsibilities to collaborate with other markets (and other Data Scientists) across the world. We have fantastic offices in central London that offer great views, free beer nights and regular guest speakers from the industry. We are looking for someone who likes to innovate and solve complex problems, as well as someone who passionately dedicates her / himself to the task at hand. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills and passions, while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
- Carry out research & development and jointly build proof of concepts for new product ideas
- Follow and be a strong advocate of coding standards and other software engineering best practices.
- Support the team in driving technical proposals and related documentation
- Help drive data architecture and data modelling solutions
- Review, interpret and challenge data (including data structures) to generate understanding of key drivers, risks and opportunities
- Work with the team to maintain and extend existing software solutions owned by the team e.g. digital attribution and visualisation tools
- Build and maintain data pipelines.
Experience and Skills Required
- Curiosity, flexibility, problem solving skills, a scientific mindset and an enthusiasm for learning new things are key attributes.
- Degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related STEM field) or equivalent relevant experience.
- Keen to push forward the adoption of new technologies
- Programming languages: Python (familiar with scikit-learn, Jupyter notebooks) a must
- SQL/Procedural SQL/Data Warehousing and Spark skills
- Strong data structure and algorithm background
- Demonstrable interest or understanding of cloud data modelling & data pipeline design: iterative data pipeline development from raw, curated, integrated to published data.
- Ideally, familiarity with cloud based technologies - AWS/Azure/GCP
- Ideally, knowledge of machine learning solutions (e.g. attribution, image recognition) to support business decision
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn more
- An interest in media and advertising would help
- Above all, a team player. All work is done as part of a team
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.