Media Planning Manager - Boots Retail
We are looking for a brilliant Planning Manager, keen to step onto a larger account and run a small team (a SP, PB, Exec). The Boots UK account is a traditional retailer where driving volume and delivering value is at the heart of each campaign, however, they have visions of shifting consumers’ perceptions of their brand and increasing brand preference, within the category.
We work across all Boots’ owned products, most which are offer-led campaigns, promoting their range, across various categories, such as Beauty, Skincare, Healthcare and Pharmacy. Brand activity parts an extremely important role during Summer and at Christmas.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Director on Boots UK (Retail).
- 3 best things about the job:
- Gaining experience of the Retail sector is all-encompassing. It’s fast, fun, detailed, competitive and the self-management skills learnt will turn you into a highly competent and trusted team member
- You will be part of a 'full service' team with media at the heart. You will have the opportunity to work closely with several other WPP specialists across advertising, PR and events etc. in a team that fully integrates media and content.
- The client is looking for people who want to take a lead role in driving forward all facets of the media mix, from applying data in new ways to building creative and innovative partnerships with media owners.
Also the chance to work with a brilliant bunch of people!
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Become a Systems Planning champion within the team, identified opportunities to use/test the platform and regularly encourage/allocate time to ensure that your direct reports are comfortable with some of the key elements of the planning process (e.g. audience building, media consumption)
- Successfully worked with the teams internally and across the WPP agency group, ensuring that processes are adhered to, allowing for optimal/maximum output (of the best standards)
- A solid grasp of the clients’ target audiences, products, objectives and key media deliverables
In six months, you would have:
- Developed solid relationships with your key clients and be their key ‘go to’ person
- Developed a good relationship with your AD and your direct reports ensuring that the team operates effectively and efficiently (delivering a fantastic media product and excellent service levels)
- Be running the day to day activity within your remit and managing the workloads and [potential change of] priorities within the team
In 12 months, you would have:
- Identified additional revenue streams for MediaCom for out-of-scope media/measurement/consultancy opportunities
- Identified an award-worthy piece of [best in class] planning work and work with the AD to create an entry
- Suggested [potential] new ways of working that would help to improve/benefit the current processes, team responsibilities and client expectations
Responsibilities of the role:
- The ability to delegate up and downwards, to coordinate between groups and departments
- Motivate and manage the planner/execs within the team
- Be resilient and advisory – support and guide an ambitious and direct client whom expects good service
- Provide regular feedback (both positive and negative) to the team on a regular basis
- Development of a comms approach and being instrumental in creating and evolving high quality channel implementation plans
- Whilst this is a Brand Planning role you need to have a handle on the ROI of everything you do and an understanding of what this is contributing to the client’s business
- Liaise and work closely with channel specialist, strategy and analytics teams to ensure the full media response
- Liaise and work closely with other WPP functions on the wider WBA team to ensure we are producing integrated responses/plans
What you will need:
- Experience in a planning role
- Cross channel media knowledge
- Understanding of roles for media and ability to explain the pros/cons of media channels
- Experienced at liaising with and presenting to clients regularly
- Competent at using core planning tools, especially TGI, Ad dynamix & Touchpoints.
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Aptitude for problem solving and process
- Good people person and can adapt to change quickly
- Microsoft office skills – Excel and Powerpoint are essential
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Adidas, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.