Social Planner Buyer - Boots
Paid Social Planner Buyer
Overview of job
We need an enthusiastic and passionate Paid Social Planner Buyer to work on the Boots account, one of MediaCom’s largest paid social accounts. Activity on Boots is hugely varied with campaign ranging from cosmetics and beauty to opticians and hearing care.
Our Planner Buyers are responsible for the planning, account management, optimisation and reporting of social media advertising for MediaCom UK’s largest and most prestigious brand & direct response clients
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the team Paid Social Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- You’ll get to work on an exciting retail brand that is combining both online and instore driving activity. The social campaigns are a great combination of branding and DR elements while utilising the breadth of social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat and LinkedIn).
- You’ll be part of tight-knit, dedicated team who live and breathe social and whose comradery is contagious!
- You’ll have unprecedented access to alpha, betas and first to market social media products and platforms.
Measures of success:
1. Successful end to end management of multiple Paid Social campaigns
Our Planner Buyers act as account managers, with exceptional organisational skills, able to manage all aspects of campaign delivery from the initial response to brief, liaison with creative agency and client contacts, set-up, optimisation, reporting and post-campaign analysis.
2. Established as a Paid Social expert across multiple Social platforms
A Paid Social Planner Buyer works in client facing capacity directly with clients and internal Planning teams so needs to be the expert voice in the room for the channel at all times.
3. Proven account management skills
Excellent time management, analytical and organisational skills alongside a high attention to detail are the lifeblood of our Planner Buyers and the foundation of all future progression.
In three months, you would have:
- Established media owner, client and internal Planning team relationships
- Successfully managed, optimised and delivered Paid Social campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Pinterest.
- Completed all key training areas required to perform the role across MediaCom, GroupM and external Media Owner modules.
What you will need:
- To be passionate about all things social!
- Have an inquisitive and keen to learn attitude.
- Strong organisational skills.
- You will have managed Paid Social campaigns before on Facebook as a minimum, but other platforms are a bonus and can hit the ground running as a specialist from day 1.
- You have strong inter-personal relationship skills and can be an ambassador for the Paid Social team at all times, both within the agency and at external client meetings and industry events.
- You will be someone who loves to work as part of a team.
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.