Performance Account Director - Telco
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Huawei is the world’s second largest smartphone maker and is now competing for the top spot globally. Most wouldn’t have recognised Huawei not too long ago, and whilst most consumers will know about Huawei’s phones, it is a multi-national business that spans networking and telecommunications in its various forms.
Huawei is an extremely exciting client for Wavemaker and we’re in the fourth year of our relationship helping to deliver growth across the business. 2015 saw Huawei enter BrandZ’s top 100 global brands for the first time and in 2018 they overtook Apple on Global units shipped making them one of the fastest growing companies in the world.
As we continue to help them grow we’ve changed how we work to create simpler structures in our organisation allowing them to work smarter with their many global markets. The next few years will be important as we change and adapt their global approach hence the need for this role to support in their unified search efforts.
Our global search hubs in London and Hong Kong assume complete responsibility for brand and product search, your ability to plan, optimise and effectively grow traffic will have a direct impact on Huawei’s global business. We’re looking for an energetic and passionate search specialist to lead the London hub of our global search team, sitting alongside other specialist teams including data, tech, media and strategy. The role will collaborate with the European markets as well as take direction on deployment of strategy from our central direction team in Hong Kong.
- Supporting the global client team to deliver on the central client’s Global paid search strategy
- Direct people management of Search Managers, indirect management of Search Executives
- Search planning lead feeding into strategic planning and client direction from regional (London) and global (Hong Kong) teams
- Collaborative lead (with Partner) on the performance forecasting and delivery across all media, with focus on meeting client KPIs and performance targets
- Primary lead on activation optimisation strategy and tactics
- Ultimate responsibility for the QA process across all media activation, minimizing error and risk and ensuring consistent and accurate adherence to process
- Lead on approach to and delivery of client reporting of media performance, ensuring timely, insightful, performance focused analysis and actionable insights
- Collaborative lead (with global team) on client reviews of all search activation – BAU, campaign specific and channel planning
- Collaborative secondary lead (with other Directors) on the management of day to day relationships with Google, Bing, tech providers and GroupM media activation solutions
- Lead on application and adherence to all areas of media activation finance process
- Collaborative lead (with partner) on the monitoring and review of resourcing required within all areas of media activation – including resource hiring when applicable
- Lead and collaborative remit on non-client specific activation management workstreams and projects – as assigned by Senior Partner – Head of Journey Activation
- 3-5 years experience in digital media, ideally from an agency side background (client side or a mix will also be considered)
- All academic backgrounds will be considered – qualifications in maths, data, media of interest
- Professional digital media/advertising qualifications will be of an advantage
- People management experience of managing a team of 5+ managers and executives
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage upwards and downwards
- Strong organisational and communication skills
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviors and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.