About the Opportunity:
Wavemaker IQ is Wavemaker’s effectiveness consultancy leveraging data and advanced analytics to help drive effective planning decisions across our client’s marketing mix. One of the key components of Wavemaker IQ is our statistical modelling solutions the two main part of which are WM Econometrics IQ which focuses on understanding the drivers of a client’s sales and WM Vitality IQ which focuses on understanding the drivers of a client’s brand health. These 2 products allow us to provide recommendations that drive tangible business improvements to our clients. Wavemaker IQ works with a broad range of clients of different scales and industry sectors from large complex advertisers such as Compare the Market through to smaller regional advertisers such as c2c trains.
We are looking for Effectiveness Executive to join our fast-growing team, this role is an entry level position, so no prior media experience is required but we would ask that you have some of the skills required that are shown later in the job description.
A Day in the Life:
When working within the effectiveness team no day can be expected to be the same however there are always going to be key elements of your day. Below is the 4 key parts of your position and what you could be expected to be involved in.
- Managing the creation of econometric data sets, this may involve working with other key teams within the agency. You will be owning our master econometric date set so you are responsible to make sure everything is accurate and consistent.
- Creation of models that are robust and statistically strong but also an accurate estimation of the real-world performance. Don’t worry you won’t be doing this by yourself, you will be working closely with the effectiveness manager.
- Provide input into client deliverables who are looking at their performance trends. You will be looking at the trends through econometric forecasting and TV optimisation tools
- Supporting the new business team’s efforts in winning or retaining with existing Wavemaker clients and as part of wider agency pitches
“Since joining Wavemaker last year, I have been exposed to more than I could have ever imagined. We are a small team with a large breadth of clients meaning I get to have a real impact on a variety of projects.”
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Experience or curiosity to understand statistical modelling and if you can get your head around how it applies to marketing even better.
- Comfortable with a range of technical detail, being able to convey these to non-technical partners
- Confident in your knowledge of excel, and some experience. What this means is we will need someone who can navigate their way around excel but is still learning.
- Data and numbers are at the centre of this role so we are after someone who has strong numerical skills
What’s in it for you!
As part of the GroupM and WPP network, our benefits are incredibly comprehensive. We provide a flex-fund for anyone joining Wavemaker which allows you to choose which perks best suit you. We’ve listed a few below - and there are many more on offer:
- Superb development opportunities and ongoing support throughout your career
- Stunning London-based offices with on-site canteen
- 25 days’ holiday from the get-go (plus an extra day for your birthday)
- Season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, private medical (BUPA) and life assurance
- Impressive discounts across a range of high street and offline retailers
How to apply:
Closing date; Wednesday 9th of October
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, click below to apply.
To better your chances here are some top tips to help you stand out from the crowd;
- Tailor your CV for the role.
- We would encourage you to write a brief cover letter or a message to our recruiters. If you are unsure what this message could include, consider any details in your background you would want to draw attention to or tell us quickly why you are amazing for the role.
- Double, triple check for any spelling or grammar mistakes, attention to detail is key within our industry.
Please note that we require all applicants to have the full right to work in UK, without sponsorship. If you require any assistance throughout your recruitment process, please call the Future Talent Team on 02071585400 to discuss your requirements.
Wavemaker is a media agency, meaning we are the lynch-pin between a brand and customer. We are the people who put our client’s advertisements in the right place, at the right time, to the right audience. You can read more about us here: https://wavemakerglobal.com or connect with us on our social channels under the handle @wavemakerglobal to find out more.
GroupM recently merged two of its leading agencies (MEC and Maxus) to form our brand new agency. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of the future. A job a Wavemaker may not sound like a job anywhere else - and that’s because it isn’t.
We are at the forefront of coming up with new and exciting ideas for our clients, which include, Netflix, L’Oréal, Vodafone. Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as P.A.C.E.D - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.