Manager, Data Science and Automation
Manager – Data Science & Automation
Job title: Manager – Data Science & Automation
Group: Mindshare Worldwide
Reports to: Partner, Data Science & Automation
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
We are looking for a Manager to join the Data Science and Automation team at Mindshare Worldwide in London, with responsibilities to support other markets.
This role requires a curious and creative mindset to become an engine of change to support global and market needs and spread state-of-the-art data science and data engineering practices.
You will help deliver technical solutions to meet the business requirements of our stakeholders. The internal stakeholders are account teams, digital execution teams, analytics practitioners and development teams. The external stakeholders are Mindshare clients and technology partners. This will entail analysing, developing, testing and deploying the appropriate solution through the development lifecycle.
We are looking for someone who likes to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. The ideal candidate is a modern day polymath with strengths in Data Engineering, Data Science, Software Development, and UI.
- Translating business requirements into solid technology and analytical solutions
- Carry out research & development and jointly build proof of concepts for new product ideas
- Be a strong advocate of coding standards and other software engineering best practices.
- Driving technical proposals and related documentation
- Help drive data architecture and data modelling solutions
- Review, interpret and challenge data (including data structures) to generate understanding of key drivers, risks and opportunities
- Maintain the cloud-tech offering for data science including driving best practices, governance, standardisation and collaboration across the data scientists and analysts in the network
- Maintain and extend existing software solutions owned by the team e.g. digital attribution and visualisation tools, and provide technical support and training to the markets across the world.
- Build and maintain data pipelines.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to address their challenges
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- SPEED: You will be expected to identify and action innovative opportunities to optimize client performance in real time within the fast-paced digital ecosystem.
- TEAMWORK: You should build your client’s and client leadership team’s trust and confidence by guiding them through Search best practices actively listening and responding to their queries and concerns.
- PROVOCATION: The ideal candidate should curious and courageous pushing themselves outside their comfort zone in order to improve their development and performance, as well as take entrepreneurial calculated risks to act on opportunities that lead to significant gains for the business.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Degree in STEM (Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering) or equivalent relevant experience.
- Proven track record with exposure to industry accepted technology platforms and software engineering practices
- Keen to push forward the adoption of new technologies
- Processing frameworks & programming tools: PySpark, MLlib, H2O etc.
- Data modelling & data pipeline design: iterative data pipeline development from raw, curated, integrated to published data.
- Strong SQL/Procedural SQL/Data Warehousing and Spark skills
- Familiarity woith fast prototyping of products solutions using open source technology (Dash, R-shiny, Jupyter, D3.js, git)
- Familiarity with cloud based technologies - AWS/Azure/GCP
- Ideally, knowledge of digital media datasets (Ad Servers, DSP, DMP, AdWords, Google Analytics etc.)
- Ideally, knowledge of machine learning solutions (e.g. attribution, image recognition) to support business decision
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Above all, a team player. All work is done as part of a team
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.