Partnerships Director (WM Content)
WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job at WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
Job Title: Content Director
Reporting to: Content Lead
Key reports: Direct Reports: Content Manager and Content Executives
Partial Reports: Project Managers
As Content Director, you will work as a senior member of the Integrated Delivery team working on the day to day management of Wavemaker clients. The role will require a great deal of collaboration with journey designers, creatives and WM specialist disciplines as well as overseeing the delivery of multiple cross-function projects at one time. You will build excellent relationships with your clients at the highest level and act as a trusted advisor to them and their other agencies to maximise their content partnership opportunities. The role includes the development and management of social content and bringing influencer campaigns to life. This will include social media strategy, a good knowledge of community management/customer service, content conceptualisation and creation and paid social.
You will take a senior and commercially accountable role in the team with responsibility for first-class creative planning and delivery, leading by example and developing junior team members. You will have excellent knowledge of a range of content disciplines and have a passion to continuously learn and apply new creative thinking to client solutions.
Key areas of responsibility:
Client Servicing – Engendering strong relationship with clients as a trusted advisor and ensuring yourself and the team handle requests in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
Planning and Delivery – Collaborating with the wider Wavemaker teams to generate excellent content solutions. Inspire confidence in the right creative solutions and have the ability to pitch these to clients successfully
Campaign Management & Performance - Excellent projects management experience and the ability to deliver scale campaigns seamlessly and to mentor your team to deliver the same.
Commercials – Excellent expertise in WM content internal processes and a strong understanding of the commercial model with the ability to pro-actively generate income opportunities.
Team – Management of Content Managers and Executives inspiring excellence in delivery and a good team ethic.
Innovation & Collaboration – Having strong relationships with partners at a senior level, future-facing and aware of innovations and developments that will help meet our client’s business needs.
Technical Skills – Excellent knowledge of media systems such as Media explorer, Prisma, AURA, E-telmar, Techedge, ad-dazzle or equivalent.
- Client Servicing:
- Build strong, effective relationships and a close rapport with clients at the most senior level engendering a relationship of trusted advisor.
- Seeking and developing new content solutions for clients both proactively and in answer to briefs
- Conveying a professional manner in all client communication with timely and accurate responses
- Confidence in managing clients autonomously
- Planning & Delivery:
- As a Content Director, you will be the owner of the brief, working with senior team members to create the right team to respond to each brief (i.e. any mix of journey designers, specialists or creatives…).
- Based on your knowledge of Rapid Growth Planning and the brief-handling process, you will understand the role of WM Content’s range of creative solutions and disciplines
- You will have a detailed understanding of WM Content’s services
- Leading the brief response team (and drawing support from Content Leads as necessary), you will helping generate and lead creative solutions
- You will assist the creative team in spotting creative opportunities within WM Content and 3rd parties
- You will be able to understand and articulate, the role of social media within a wider communications plan, the role for and of each platform in an ecosystem and the importance of audience and platform insight to guide social strategy
- You will be capable of inspiring confidence in the right creative solution for our clients – and able to pitch these solutions in formal and informal environments
- Campaign Management & Performance:
- Lead cross-discipline project management of large-scale integrated content partnership solutions. Ensure all parties are working in an integrated and joined up fashion on large scale campaigns
- Act as an escalation point for Managers / Execs to handle areas of conflict with partners
- Take responsibility for and approval of, final campaign PCA to go to client
- Ensure the team can run the process from idea generation, management of production shoots and then posting the resulting assets live.
- Oversight of the delivery of influencer campaigns for clients; including selection activation and reporting.
- Oversight and management of brand social profiles; responding to customer queries and updating content
- Ensure all campaigns are managed and delivered with original strategic concept/idea in mind
- Behave as a leader for activity under your remit
- Accurate and timely reporting of hours on timesheets
- Ensuring your team follow accurate and timely inputting of all media bookings on the appropriate media bookings system and reconciliation of all digital bookings within the reconciliation window
- Responding and resolving any PIQ queries in a timely manner and ensuring your team does the same
- Ensuring your line reports maintain relevant sign-off and PO information, tracking PO’s against all costs
- Ensuring all fee billing instructions are completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Checking media bookings are correct to PO and acting as approver on these bookings
- An excellent understanding of the Wavemaker Content commercial model as well as up / cross-selling opportunities
- In liaison with your line manager and Commercial & Operations Director, building scopes for all activity driving commercial benefit and up-selling whenever viable.
- Excellent in deal negotiation securing the best outcome for both the client and WMC
- Ensuring all draft contracts are a good representation of the agreed deal with full KPI’s built-in and the correct contract process is followed
- You will manage members of WMC on projects and as a line manager where required; prioritise their workload, setting objectives and managing/facilitating their development where required
- Developing effective relationships with senior internal colleagues to ensure creative solutions are used effectively within the overarching client plans
- Quality control the output of your team on a week by week basis, and provide constructive feedback in a timely fashion
- Understand team utilisation and plan team workloads and resource flexibly to meet workload challenges
- You will help line reports develop and broaden their set of skills to allow them to confidently activate campaigns across the full range of services offered by WM Content
- Innovation & Collaboration
- Positive contribution to the development of a creative culture within Wavemaker
- Work with specialist leads and 3rd parties to identify new services our clients should be testing and using
- Ensure strong working relationships with different stakeholders/teams across the business especially with client partners
- Work with your specialists to produce case studies which will be shared with clients, WMC and may be published within trade press and/or entered into awards.
- Have a strong understanding of Social Media and the wider digital and media landscape. Research and share the trends that are changing within the industry. Keep abreast with events, creative campaigns and news from the wider scene. Share your knowledge with those around you and also use the expertise available to broaden your own development.
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners, partners, tech, talent and Ecommerce
- Technical Skills
- Commercial acumen and experience with commercial processes, systems such as FORMS, AURA and PIQ
- You will need to have an excellent working knowledge of industry and WM tools and systems (e.g. Metis / Prisma, TechEdge, Adazzle) and must ensure that your team are using them correctly to monitor performance and finance
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.