Paid Social Manager
We are Mindshare UK and we’re inventing the future of media
“It’s a great experience to work on the number car brand in the UK and the opportunity to really get stuck in and learn more about the business”
“The work is really interesting, and really I feel part of a team and building my knowledge and experience across multiple digital and non-digital disciplines”
“Working across two offices, Mindshare and GTB gives me the best of both worlds and a unique insight into the work of a creative agency as well as a media agency.”
Understanding people is at the heart of our business, that means we make the audience our number 1 client. This is how we discover meaningful insights and deliver real business growth for brands
The best way to introduce ourselves? Let’s tell you about the three values that make us Mindshare:
Learn quickly. Act immediately. Again and again.
- We’re experts in media, yet we constantly challenge our knowledge.
- We question ourselves every day, always testing and adapting our thinking.
- Change is always welcome, because standing still is not an option.
Be challenging. Always express a point of view.
- We value curiosity and passion as much as we do knowledge.
- Only by asking “how” or “why” do we learn, stimulate debate and form more powerful opinions.
- This is our creative approach to media. It drives innovation and allows us to do things differently.
Be generous. We’re in this together.
- We’re at our most powerful when we work together - with colleagues, clients, our media partners - and, of course, with the audience.
- This constant collaboration creates diverse perspectives and generates fresh, innovative ideas. The best example? Huddle - our annual event bringing together the brightest minds in the industry.
These values help us do the best work of our careers.
Sounds like somewhere you could flourish? Get in touch - and let’s invent the future of media together.
Are you keen to learn new skills in a fast-paced environment? The automotive space is being disrupted with constant changes, new technological developments and is consistently reinventing itself.
This automotive account is one of the largest and most exciting in the agency and therefore, comes with opportunities to do new things first.
In this role you will lean and enhance how Social Media helps answer the needs of the business today, from entering the EV space, sales driving, launching a new vehicle, after service and even finance products.
The role offers scope for growth as the we utilise Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube on a daily basis but are always excited and open to test new platforms, formats. You will be working closely with non-social channels to ensure we deliver holistic media strategies and executions.
You’ll also need your creative hat! Part of this opportunity is the chance to work closely with the creative agency and help bring media and creative closer. And to get involved in exciting partnerships, influencer and PR initiatives.
Your time will be split 50-50 between our two offices.
About the Teams
Mindshare has a great social team. True to our name in that we love spending time with one another! The Social team’s focus is being champions of the impact that paid social can have on businesses. The Social team is part of FAST, The Exchange Team which is the media buying department of Mindshare. It’s a great place to learn not only Paid Social but other digital channels as well as offline (TV, Print, Radio, OOH).
GTB is a bespoke communications agency for our client and Mindshare acts as the media-buying arm of GTB. Being a member of our dedicated Social team means bringing together the best of media, creative, data and CRM.
- Leading the planning, creation, and on-going management of Paid Social campaigns in collaboration with GTB Account and Creative teams
- Carrying out health checks on Paid Social accounts to ensure they are set up and running as per Mindshare best practice
- Proactively performing regular optimization of accounts, monitoring market changes and identifying development opportunities
- Creating and leading the execution, development and testing of plans including media owner betas where possible
- Preparing presentations, leading client calls and face to face meetings
- Share case studies within the team and wider teams
- Working with the Social Account Director to devise campaign strategy and translate this into successful campaigns
- Motivating junior team members to develop their knowledge of social best practices
- Accurate management of budgets, adhering to the Mindshare finance process
We’d like to hear from you if you have
- Exceptional hands on Paid Social experience and comprehensive knowledge of best practice
- Interest / Experience in working closely with creative agencies
- Experience supporting, developing and mentoring junior team members
- Experience managing Brand & DR campaigns and optimising accounts to achieve performance targets
- An expert in developing and implementing audience strategies to optimise Paid Social campaigns
- Experienced in applying media buying methods and automation to optimise campaigns, whilst managing multiple campaigns at the same time
- Able to clearly articulate the rationale for proposed campaign tactics (channels, budget, audience, formats etc.) and present these back internally as well as to clients
- Aware of how social can integrate with other digital and offline channels
- Able to devise a testing approach/roadmap delivering statistically significant results and insights
- Analytically minded with very good attention to detail, able to identify trends in large data sets
- A drive for:
- Speed: drive to respond to change, tackle challenges and grasp opportunities
- Provocation: Challenge the status quo and strive for innovation
- Teamwork: adopt and evangelise a spirit of collaboration and positive mindset
- Paid Social experience managing Brand & DR activity; experience in optimising and developing paid social accounts to hit performance targets
- Extensive experience using the native Paid Social management platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, LinkedIn) as well as 3rd party platforms such as 4C and tracking solutions such as Campaign Manager (formerly DoubleClick) and Adobe Analytics
- In depth understanding of multiple placements and formats across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, YouTube. Desirable to have knowledge of Snapchat and Pinterest
- Understanding of the importance of brand safety, viewability and able to recommend solutions that address these topics
- Ability to support the Account Director in developing wider social channel strategies including year planning, audience development and creative solutions in line with client’s objectives
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.