Risk and Compliance Analyst, EMEA
GroupM EMEA Risk and Compliance Analyst
City: London, travel - approximately 30%
Salary range: Competitive
Reporting to: EMEA Risk and Compliance Director
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVE:
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX. GroupM EMEA region consist of 100+ SOX entities with more than 30 offices across the region.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Risk and Compliance professional to join existing regional team based in London. This is a challenging role with multiple deliverables and priorities which requires fast learning capabilities. The role involves liaising with a wide range of stakeholders across the Group, working with units on SOX audits and remediation; assisting EMEA Risk and Compliance Director in various deliverables and working closely with the wider Compliance, Finance and other teams.
Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment and work cross-functionally with multiple geographies, functions, and employees of diverse backgrounds. Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a collaborative team-oriented, problem solving approach are critical.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a compliance adviser within the business covering Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) as well as internal policy requirements.
- Promote compliance through training and coaching.
- Assist local markets with SOX compliance, self-certification and audit coordination. Participate in closing meetings, review management response and remediation across the region as agreed with regional management
- Supervise the delivery of compliance programme for dedicated markets
- Perform site visits to assess the level of compliance and identify gaps. Think strategically about our business, review operational processes and procedures and suggest improvements.
- Be an expert in existing risk and compliance systems and tools and provide support to the units across the region
- Assist regional management in ad hoc activities in relation to SOX and compliance
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- ACA/CA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of 3 years of experience (industry or consulting experience in ethics and compliance, business process improvement, risk management, or internal audit) at a multinational company;
- Experience in media and advertising with knowledge of core business processes is a plus;
- Self-starter with a high degree of professional ethics;
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluency in foreign languages relevant to EMEA region is a plus.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $113B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivalled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more at groupm.com.
WPP is the world’s largest communications services group with billings of US$71.7 billion and revenues of over US$19 billion. Through its operating companies, the Group provides a comprehensive range of advertising and marketing services including advertising & media investment management; data investment management; public relations & public affairs; branding & identity; healthcare communications; digital, eCommerce and shopper marketing and specialist communications. The company employs over 130,000 people across 112 countries. For more information, visit wpp.com
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.