WPP | Client Partner
As WPP is further developing its integrated services for our clients, we are looking of a strong senior leader to manage one of our largest and most exciting integrated client assignments. That assignment is unique in terms of the level of integration with the client, the ambition and scale in The Netherlands. The role very much goes into unchartered territory bringing together teams and capabilities across multiple agencies within WPP. The scope of the assignment covers (amongst others) creative, media, technology, CVM, design, creative production and data services.
WPP Netherlands is leading the way locally and internationally with this partnership as well as the overall integration between agencies at our WPP Campus in Amsterdam. The role requires fresh and out of the box thinking building a strong client focused culture across a diverse set of talent and capabilities.
The ideal candidate has strong and broad knowledge in marketing communications and a proven track-record in building strong, senior business relationships, either within a client organisation or agency (e.g. media, creative, content, tech and/or data). Candidates should demonstrate a deep understanding and interest of the clients’ business challenges and the (digital) transformation of our industry (on client and agency side).
As a Client Partner you must have a strong commercial acumen, and demonstrate ability to not only develop strategic roadmaps for clients, but also rally the appropriate resources around the business to ensure its executed with success. The proof of success really is in the delivery of that roadmap.
- Manage and lead the day-to-day business including the delivery creative transformative work, client satisfaction, commercial responsibility and driving an effective, smart and agile team.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our clients’ business, consumer experience journeys, their brands and the broader industry sector.
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for your client’s business and help develop a client growth plan (roadmap) to meet agreed KPI’s and deliver on the plan to the client and internally across WPP agencies.
- Work with client and agency stakeholders to successfully deliver the plan and ensure that it is commercially effective for the client and for WPP agencies.
- Own senior client relationships and develop them ‘upstream’ to broaden WPP’s exposure beyond marketing communication.
- Quality control the strategic output of the WPP team and work collaboratively with other WPP parts demonstrating true leadership and bringing diversity of talent and cultures together in one team.
- Drive strong client satisfaction scores and develop a measurement plan for your assigned client(s)
- Foster innovative thinking and ideas with particular emphasis on creativity, digital and technology innovation, and the use of data.
- Maintain responsibility for client commercials including effective scoping of resources, quarterly forecasting and KPI delivery as well as identifying opportunities for new revenue growth
- Take an active role in new business as required for national and international clients when required.
- Keep up to date with industry developments and internal products and processes and converse effectively about them with clients and colleagues.
- 10-15+ years of experience in marketing communications on client and / or agency side
- Multi-disciplinary experience and strong understanding of digital and technology is required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Fluent in Dutch and English speaking and writing
- Optimistic: brings a passion and energy to clients and teams that inspires people to go beyond the ordinary
- Open: welcomes diversity in talent and capabilities across WPP with an aim to connect them
- Extraordinary: literally, not ordinary, challenges clients and internal stakeholders to deliver outstanding solutions that bring an unfair advantage to our clients
WPP is a CREATIVE TRANSFORMATION COMPANY. WPP creates transformative ideas and outcomes for its clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce and technology. In the Netherlands WPP employs about 2.000 people across our WPP Campus in Amsterdam and Eindhoven amongst others.
WPP is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.